+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tasteless Christmas decorations!

Tigrazhia
    I think we have the most ugly Christmas decoration in the world only 2 houses down...
    They have a HUGE inflatable yellow Homer Simpson dressed in a bright red and white Santa outfit.... (when huge, I mean HUGE .... probably 10-15 feet tall....) and not only is this thing huge & impossible to miss just due to it's size (& spectacular cheezyness), it lights up at night too for everyone to enjoy...

It's the most godawful thing I've seen in my life, I'm just hoping that someone around here has a beebee fun they can aim at it one night & pop that darn thing, I think every neighbor will turn a blind eye lol .... the thing is just plainly an eyesore.... I'll go down there & take a picture of it one night, it's just too hideous for words, you'll all simply have to see it..............

But Homer's so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    I think we have the most ugly Christmas decoration in the world only 2 houses down...
    They have a HUGE inflatable yellow Homer Simpson dressed in a bright red and white Santa outfit.... (when huge, I mean HUGE .... probably 10-15 feet tall....) and not only is this thing huge & impossible to miss just due to it's size (& spectacular cheezyness), it lights up at night too for everyone to enjoy...

It's the most godawful thing I've seen in my life, I'm just hoping that someone around here has a beebee fun they can aim at it one night & pop that darn thing, I think every neighbor will turn a blind eye lol .... the thing is just plainly an eyesore.... I'll go down there & take a picture of it one night, it's just too hideous for words, you'll all simply have to see it..............
    Can't you try and pierce it with a pin?
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia

Two local shops have the same Homer inflatable and I was wondering on the way home tonight if anyone had tried puncturing them!

Personally ANY singing figure drives me nuts. Funny once but thats about it!!

CharlieBug
    I was in the Christmas section the other day at Wal-mart, and they had one of those belly-jiggling singing Santas. I can't tell you how many people walked by it and said "Shut up, Santa!"

One of our neighbors has a big blow up Christmas decor fetish -- he has so many of those inflatable characters in his yard that you can't see his house. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    One of our neighbors has a big blow up Christmas decor fetish -- he has so many of those inflatable characters in his yard that you can't see his house. Yuck.
    I hate those things. They just look so commercial to me. :phhht
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I was noticing how so many people near me have those stupid inflatable things on their lawns :phhht , but during the day, they are all deflated and lying in a pile. Just for fun, here is a website with GAWWDDY decorations from years gone by. Worth a chuckle for sure...
    www.uglychristmaslights.com
    Me, I stick to white lights, greenery, and red bows. :rudolph
    Last edited by Ana Bannana; 12-01-2004 at 09:36 PM. Reason: url repair

Tigrazhia
    Hm I think someone beat me to the punch, Homer is GONE!

It's too early to cheer just yet, I fear they may buy a new one or repair the one they've got but a girl can always dream of a homer-less Christmas.

(Don't get me wrong, I like Homer as much as the next guy but in cartoon form on my TV screen ............ :-))

PS. that ugly christmas website is hilarious....I think they need a pic of Homer though, wonder if they'll put it up again just long enough for me to get a picture of the disaster .... lol

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's not exactly Christmas decor, but it's tasteless and Christmas-related: here in Manila, some of the local police (particularly those in high-traffic areas like malls) have, in the spirit of the Yuletide season, been ordered to wear... Santa hats.

And no, I'm not making this up.

Tigrazhia
    Police in santa hats? Geez.... LOL .... who's gonna take'em seriously???

And...in the midst of my sightseeing through the ugly christmas website, I found a yard that had a homer in it....

He's kinda far away and stuff but it's him!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast