+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Golden Globes - Fashion hits and misses.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    Brad Pitt's dressed nice, but I can't dig the hair.

See, I'm not allowed to comment on guys' hair, because I'll come off sounding all catty and stuff.

Originally posted by enygma
    Calista Looks great. Harrison must be feeding her !
    That is exactly what I said last night, Eny! I thought Calista used to look skeletal and freakish. But last night I thought that she looked great!

Originally posted by cali
    To be honest I never understood whay everyone thinks Nicole Kidman is "all that"
    Cali, it's because she IS all that.

And FG, your list was awesome! The Courtney Love's closet thing was great!

One fashion I noticed the guys pulling off was wearing dark shirts and dark ties with their tux - especially a lot of dark blue. Looked cool.

My wife LOVED Bono and U-2. We were talking and I said "Ever since they came to San Francisco on tour and got caught spray painting a statue, I've not liked them." My wife said "Well, that was in their younger days. They've matured and have some class now." Right then, Bono blurts out "F-ing brilliant" for winning an award. Uh, Bono, thanks for making my point.

Originally posted by Wayner
    See, I'm not allowed to comment on guys' hair, because I'll come off sounding all catty and stuff.
    LMAO!!!

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    What was Kate Hudson thinking? This looks like a carpet...
    Gee, I liked it. I thought the dress looked good on her. Now Goldie needs to try for a different look. the slashed to the waist with the tie up stuff has to go.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Nicole's dress would have looked good in another color. The style was nice, and it fit her very well.

Wayner, I agree on the dark shirt/dark tie/dark suit thing with the guys. It looked really good. I especially liked what Michael Chiklis was wearing - I think of all the guys, his was the best.

I still think Calista had the best-looking and best-matched-to-her-style dress of the awards. It was a good dress for her, the color was right, and it fit well.

I didn't like Brad the other night. Thought he looked like he was trying to recapture his Legends of the Fall beauty.

What was with Jennifer Aniston? She seemed rather stoned and/or disoriented.

Okay.. true story.

My friend and I were watching the Golden Globes at her house. Knowing my Heath fixation, she commented that she thought she saw Heath Ledger sitting at Nicole Kidman's table.. which made sense, as Naomi Watts, (Heath's other gf) is really close friends with her.

It was getting late and we kept trying to get Heath glimpses but failed. So I said I had to go and left.

Not 3 minutes later, my cell rang. My friend put the phone up to the TV so I could hear Heath introducing the clip for Lord of the Rings. She said he looked really good.. and I MISSED IT! At least I heard that voice.

THAT'S a friend.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I agree about Nicole's dress John.
    The colour wasn't right for her, but it was a great fit.

Kate Hudson - sorry to get personal, but Kate is not well enough endowed to wear a dress with like that. It flattens out what little she has got. The dress was all wrong for her body shape (imo) even before you get to the pattern of the fabric.

I hate the messy shaggy hairstyle so many women wore.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by fluff
    I don't like Brad Pitt's hair like that at all.
    Hopefully he's growing it for a part.
    Actually, that is exactly what he's doing, Fluff. He's getting ready to start filming a movie about the Trojan War and said that the long hair was for that role.

My random thoughts about the hits and misses at the GG's:

1. Debra Messing didn't look bad, but it certainly wasn't her best effort. It's a disappointment, though, since she is usually such a knockout.

2. Even though she wore pants, Queen Latifah looked really good. The color was very flattering for her, IMHO.

3. I actually liked Kate Hudson's dress, but I agree...it would have looked better if she were a bit more, um, "endowed"...

4. I liked Nicole Kidman's dress, but I wasn't particularly crazy about the color. I also wonder if the dress would have looked better with the cut-out/slit on the side rather than front-and-center.

5. Salma Hayek looked good; Edward Norton did not. Same goes for Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt.

6. Best Dressed (IMHO): Rene้ Zellwegger, Diane Lane, Halle Berry.

7. Worst Dressed (IMHO): No contest...Lara Flynn-Boyle and Sharon Stone.

+ Reply to Thread