+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't throw it out!

FORT Fogey

Can't throw it out!

What is that one piece of clothing you just can't part with no matter what and you still wear it,,

I have this sweatshirt that was once red is now sort of a faded orangy color,, and it has the name of a camp I worked at in College it is so soft , roomy, and stretched out just the way I like it.
    I have had it since 1986 and I can't part with it! I wear it all the time , it traveles w/me and has been everywhere!

I have a golf shirt from the Talafofo Golf Club in Guam. It was a new course I played shortly after it opened in the late 80"s... fantastic view, and the shirt is the only thing left to show for it...

Pretty hideous shirt too...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I have patent leather thigh-high boots. Yes I do. And I've had them for like, 10 years. They still fit though I can't walk in them anymore. They have a 7" heel. That's my oldest piece of clothing.

I have a Nike shirt that I've had for a couple of years, and the print on the front is faded and nasty-looking, but I still wear it. All of my other clothes are rather new, so this would probably be the oldest piece of clothing I own.

Ducky, a 7" heel??? Holy cow. That would make you, like 5' 7"!

ooh... ducky, i'm impressed.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Wow, Ducky.

Probably my oldest piece of clothing are a pair of pink PJ pants I've had since I was 16 (heh, I haven't grown much since then). They're my favorite, I love those things! Soft and comfy. Until they get holes or something, I don't think I'm ever gonna get rid of them!

Princess
    Originally posted by duckgirl
    I have patent leather thigh-high boots. Yes I do. And I've had them for like, 10 years. They still fit though I can't walk in them anymore. They have a 7" heel. That's my oldest piece of clothing.
    Wow ducky! That's even higher than the length of my feet!

My oldest piece of clothing that I still wear is a T-shirt I inherited from my mom, who had inherited it from my dad. It was bought around 1967, and it just got its first hole in it .

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I still have my high school letterman's jacket - for band!

But of clothes that I actually wore, I have several San Jose Sharks t-shirts that are old and scraggly; one from when I won the "Shark Bite" contest on the radio in '91, one from the time I sat in the "lucky row" and won the shirt and Hagen Daas, one from the '93 playoffs against the Leafs. I've put on 20 pounds since '91, (heck, since 2000), so they are all too small to be comfortable, but I refuse to let my wife toss them.

Oh yeah. I meant to reply to this but my computer died.

John's right, I'd be 5'7" if I wore them, and they have a platform so it's not like you're walking on your toes (which I would be). They kill ankles, though.

7" huh? YOWZAH....I think you should post the pic. I've NEVER seen a 7" heel ever. Not even on Hollywood Ducky. I don't think there's competition for those boots

BTW, I can't seem to get rid of my sude leather jacket with fringes. Think Mia Sara from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's beyond cowboy - it is scandalous!
    Last edited by Mokka; 01-22-2003 at 12:31 AM.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast