+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't throw it out!

I have two t-shirts I've had for 20 years. One is red and says "Chicago" in white letters. The other is a school club shirt. I also have all my marching band t-shirts from high school and like libra, I have old tshirts from old jobs. Yes, I am dorky enough to still wear them
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I've had a pair of flannel boxers that belonged to my first boyfriend for over ten years now. I initially kept them for sentimental value, but now (once I found out how comfy they are) I just wear them around the house.
    I have a couple pair of ex-boyfriend boxers too.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I have a couple pair of ex-boyfriend boxers too.
    I've got several pairs of ex-girlfriend panti.......er, nevermind.

I have a Clay Walker jean jacket that I will never part with in my entire life... I also had the pleasure of meeting Clay & had him sign the jacket, and no I didn't have the jacket framed & preserved, I still wear it all the time because that's what it's meant for, signature or no signature :-)

I'll wear it thin, it's never going anywhere!!! :-)

(I know a lot of ya aren't into country music, Clay Walker is a country music star who I worship.... :-)) hehe.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I have two t-shirts I've had for 20 years. One is red and says "Chicago" in white letters. The other is a school club shirt. I also have all my marching band t-shirts from high school and like libra, I have old tshirts from old jobs. Yes, I am dorky enough to still wear them
    Oh god, me too, to all of that. Need a T-shirt from a college production of "Me and My Girl"? Got it. Two from a gym where I worked. Aprons from a restaurant where I worked. With my name across the chest. High school band T-shirts, etc. I don't think I've ever thrown a T-shirt away.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I usually give all my clothes to Goodwill every fall. But for some reason, I've been hanging on to a gray "waffle" style shirt that gets better with every wash. I think it's about 9 years old now and there's a hole or two which adds to the ruggedness of it. I also have a pair of Doc Martens that are 12 years old that I refuse to part with.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Sorry children but I believe I shall take this prize. I have a grey cashmere sweater that I got for Christmas in Senior year of highschool. I have no idea why I still have it, but I do. I graduated in 1957.
    I also have a football jersey that belonged to my son when he was nine years old. Now I am going to save it a few more years till his kid can wear it. It says "Slippery Rock College (or University, can't remember). I thought it was a joke till once a man told me there really is a Slippery Rock and it is well known for its wrestling team. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Mudah, I have two friends who went to Slippery Rock. I don't know about the skill of its wrestling team, though. And save that gray cashmere sweater! It's probably back in fashion again.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I thought it was a joke till once a man told me there really is a Slippery Rock and it is well known for its wrestling team. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Yep, I grew up not too far from Slippery Rock (it's in PA). They used to have a real good wrestling team, but am not too sure of how good they are now.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Yep, I grew up not too far from Slippery Rock (it's in PA). They used to have a real good wrestling team, but am not too sure of how good they are now.
    People! Do you have any idea what clutter is doing to your mind?? It makes you feel the need to escape to things like....well, uhmm...reality tv websites I am a packrat with visions of someday "going cold turkey"...my oldest thing is a teddy bear I had as a kid (it has a sad crying face...a very strange toy for a kid to cherish). I also have crochet patterns from the 60's (one pattern book has the lady who played in Mork and Mindy with Robin Williams...she modeled before she acted apparently).

(I'm off to see if I still have that old Bon Jovi tshirt...I love that tshirt...)
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast