+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't throw it out!

I've had a pair of flannel boxers that belonged to my first boyfriend for over ten years now. I initially kept them for sentimental value, but now (once I found out how comfy they are) I just wear them around the house.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I have a set of scrubs that I've had for about 6 years and I love to wear them around the house. I've bought new ones but don't wear them as often.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Fade to black
    Books and CD's. I don't care how much I hated it, I keep them all.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Birthday & Christmas cards. I can understand saving some of the more important ones, but I have Christmas cards from car dealerships that I don't dare part with.

I also save cords from every possible electronic device known to man... especially computer cords. Why, I'm not sure but every once in a blue moon it comes in handy.

I also have an old school cell phone, the old Motorola flip top phones that weight about 20 lbs.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    I have a Denver Broncos T-shirt from their 1st Super Bowl against the Packers. Everyones colorful silkscreen face is so worn you can hardly tell the difference between John Elway and Terrell Davis Seriously though, it's one of my favorite shirts and I'll continue to wear it until the stitches all come loose.
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Well, I have a leather fringe coat that I got when I was 7 or 8 years old. I was really into Davy Crocket at the time. Still resides in my closet. I lost my coon skin cap somewhere in a move or something.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Guess I'm a little pack rat at heart. I have my drama letter jacket from high school, SEVERAL of old concert shirts going back to around 1986, atleast one piece of every work uniform I've ever had, several raggedy pair of Doc Marten's combat boots that haven't been worn in atleast 10 years, and my favorite is a sweater that hasn't seen the light of day since the 80's but I can't bear to get rid of it to save my life.

OH!! Almost forgot my collection of records that are just taking up space in my closet (unplayed for many many a year and dating back as far as 1976) as well as all of my cassette tapes many of which are so stretched they sound horrid and some even broken dating back from when I was in 6th grade when I got my first cassette player.

i have a faded faded purple rain concert t from the prince tour in 1983 or 1984 that i cut up (it was the 80s!!) and i still sleep in it and work out in it.

i also staked claim to a cool tshirt when we were cleaning out my bf's house. it is faded red... like a kids size 10-12... and it's from sears. it has this 70s looking dude on the front skateboarding. it says "sidewalk surfer" on it. apparently, the shirt originally belonged to my bf's oldest brother (who is now early 40s) from when he was a kid. it's awesome. i love it.

I still have my Dad's fraternity jersey (Sigma Chi) from his college days in the late 60's. It doesn't fit ANYONE and the letters are starting to fall off, but I can't bear to throw it away.
    Last edited by G.G.; 04-24-2004 at 06:32 PM.

I have a bunch of old stuffed animals I have had for years, I just cleaned them from my closet. It took a huge garbage bag and a half to get them out. My mom was going to give them away but I cannot part with them. Too many memories, or just keep sakes, I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast