+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Day After - Going Shopping?

The Day After - Going Shopping?

How many of you braved the crowds at the mall today? What kind of deals did you get? Got any horror stories of fighting over sale items? Share your pain. It's our busiest day of the year at the restaurant so I'm on may way in to feed all of you and offer a safe haven away from the hustle and bustle. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm going out at 9am (maybe) to use my Joann Fabric's coupon to get a new scrapbook. Then at 10am going to a scrapbook store to get a 30% off coupon for my entire purchase.

Otherwise that is it for shopping today.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

They almost got me out there. I never shop the day after Thanksgiving, but am looking for a new couch. Local furniture store where I have been looking has 20% off from 7-9, and no payments until 2006. Still considering it - but it is next to Best Buy and they showed that place this morning on the news. NUTS.

Probably won't go out - I'd actually rather work.

Hell no. I avoid the malls like the plague the day after Thanksgiving & that entire weekend. Then I avoid them again from about a week before Christmas & two or three days after Christmas.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

All I'm doing is eating leftovers and decorating the house.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Not a chance. The restaurant my bf works at is across the street from an outlet mall. I went there to have breakfast this morning at 6am and the mall parking lot was already jam-packed. I heard some of the stores there were open at 5:00 this morning!

I was reading this thread and decided to treat my daughter to the experience. She needed a new digital camera and there was a good deal at Walmart. I warned her but she was still surprised when we got there 20 min. before opening and there was a long line to the door. She wanted to wait in the car, but I wouldn't let her. Some people got the great idea of getting carts in line so they wouldn't have to wait for one inside the door and the person behind me kept jamming the back of my ankles once the line started moving. People who had been waiting in cars got out and cut to the front of the line and I thought there was going to be a riot. She got a cart while I ran to the electronics which was jammed. I got in and found the camera which happened to be by the checkout line, so I got right in line. I saw my daughter just outside electronics trying to get the cart in and I yelled to her to go to where DVDs were on sale for $3. I saw some ugly behavior waiting in line. I paid for the camera and met my daughter and we got a few more things and paid and left. She couldn't believe how rude people were. I told her now that she had experienced it, she would never have to do it again. It was a fun mother/daughter thing, especially since we didn't take it too seriously.
    Count your blessings!

I was insane and got up at 4:15 to run to Meijer to buy a Slimecano. Got a few groceries and was in line by 4:45. The sale didn't start until 5am, however, so we had to wait until then for the cashiers to start ringing. I was finally out of there and home by 5:30. Laid on the couch by 6:15 and woke up at 10:50. Heh. I'm done.. am not running out any more today!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Slimecano? ? Dare I ask, Broadway?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

According to google, it's some kind of Hot Wheels playset.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast