+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Day After - Going Shopping?

*runs in the house, deadbolts door, closes drapes * Ahhhh, safe at last. We got our butts handed to us today. When I got to work at 5:45 there were very few parking spots left. Busiest day ever at the restaurant, up 17% from last year. The owner of the company spent the day helping us out and was blown away by how great things were.
    Boy, did I hear some horror stories. Fist fights over DVD players at Meijers where a lady got hit in the head with one. Someone popped her over the head with it. Knocking people down, pushing and shoving. That is the true meaning of Christmas, isn't it?

Never did, never will....

Started my career in retailing, so I never had to fight the crowds, always did my shopping while walking around the store, had the buyers buy what I wanted, at cost plus shipping of course. Then I left retailing, tried the Christmas shopping thing- didn't like it. Now all my family & friends get something they can each use and fits extremely well, a nice stack of 2- $100.00 bills in a card for each of them...

Ho Ho Ho! *sips the bourbon*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Slimecano? ? Dare I ask, Broadway?
    Oops.. I haven't been back on today.

It's definitely a Hot Wheels playset that spews slime when you go over some kind of crack (according to my nephew.) It's supposedly messy. My brother is going to love me. But it's tops on Jordan's list. heh.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

We were in a fast food joint at noon today and in came three women I know. They said they got up at 1:30 am to go shopping. I didn't ask what on earth could be that important. They said they were going to eat and go finish up. That sounds more like torture than I would enjoy. All the adults on my list will get the same gift as Gabriel's. A card with money plus a small gift. I like for them to have something to open. My older grandson will get a gift card to the Apple store and a few little gifts. The little kid will get toys. That's my shopping. My husband and I don't exchange gifts. We each buy for someone in a nursing home.

1:30? That's borderline criminal.

I have a very small shopping list, and most of the people on that list are getting gift cards. I might get a few little things as well, but that's it.

I didn't go shopping today, I slept in and then I had a leisurely breakfast and then I went and redeemed my birthday gift certificate for a massage.....mmmmmmm....sooo relaxing!!! Then I've been on here a couple of times today to read about Survivor (we completely forgot to tape it yesterday since we were out and about running around to visit our families) and Apprentice (did get to see that one replayed tonight). Just a perfect day for me! I'll get started on my shopping later.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Some people got the great idea of getting carts in line so they wouldn't have to wait for one inside the door and the person behind me kept jamming the back of my ankles once the line started moving.
    This is why I would never ever even think about going shopping on a day like this! Because I'd ask them to back off...once. Then I'd end up being that nut you always hear about who starts a fist fight in the store, and ends up in jail. I have enough problems with lines, crowds and so forth on regular days that I just know to stay far, far away from the after Thanksgiving sales!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The only shopping I did was at Jo-Ann's Fabrics at about 8pm with my 50%off coupon from my e-mail. I bought one new scrapbook and six sheets of paper.

Otherwise, I stayed home and cleaned. Then I tortured myself by taking the kids to go see Spongebob.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Leo
    Premium Member
    Fist fights over DVD players at Meijers where a lady got hit in the head with one. Someone popped her over the head with it. Knocking people down, pushing and shoving. That is the true meaning of Christmas, isn't it?
    Good grief. I've heard of some silly things, but this takes the cake.

My sister got up at 4:00 and went to Meijers where their sale was supposed to start at 5:00. She was wanting a dvd player that was on sale. To her surprise they said they had sold out of everything at 2:00 a.m. Alot of angry people as the sale wasn't supposed to start until 5:00.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast