+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Day After - Going Shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I was reading this thread and decided to treat my daughter to the experience. She needed a new digital camera and there was a good deal at Walmart. I warned her but she was still surprised when we got there 20 min. before opening and there was a long line to the door. She wanted to wait in the car, but I wouldn't let her. Some people got the great idea of getting carts in line so they wouldn't have to wait for one inside the door and the person behind me kept jamming the back of my ankles once the line started moving. People who had been waiting in cars got out and cut to the front of the line and I thought there was going to be a riot. She got a cart while I ran to the electronics which was jammed. I got in and found the camera which happened to be by the checkout line, so I got right in line. I saw my daughter just outside electronics trying to get the cart in and I yelled to her to go to where DVDs were on sale for $3. I saw some ugly behavior waiting in line. I paid for the camera and met my daughter and we got a few more things and paid and left. She couldn't believe how rude people were. I told her now that she had experienced it, she would never have to do it again. It was a fun mother/daughter thing, especially since we didn't take it too seriously.

I don't understand why some people gotta act like animals at this time of year! Glad y'all were able to laugh it off.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Hmmm, I went out "shopping" today to buy a new 9mm handgun, thinking I'd get the 5-day waiting period started. But, there is no 5-day waiting period any more, I just have to get a "permit to purchase" from the local Sherriff's office, which is of course closed today. Dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Hmmm, I went out "shopping" today to buy a new 9mm handgun, thinking I'd get the 5-day waiting period started. But, there is no 5-day waiting period any more, I just have to get a "permit to purchase" from the local Sherriff's office, which is of course closed today. Dangit.

So, um, John....you're not like *mad* at anybody, are you???
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Nah. That's my Christmas present. A Smith & Wesson 9mm double-action with 10-round clip.

[IMG]images/img/120025_large.jpg[/IMG]

Way to get into the Christmas Spirit John!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Nah. That's my Christmas present. A Smith & Wesson 9mm double-action with 10-round clip.

[IMG]images/img/120025_large.jpg[/IMG]

Alrighty then....no messin' with John anymore. For those of us who didn't go to FORTcon and don't know what a "softie" you really are (yes John...that's what I was told), you're really going to have a "mean" reputation now

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm such a gun lover, nice one John!

Regarding shopping today. No way Jose.
    Regarding sitting at the bank, giving all the shopaholics their $$ to shop.. yup. I'm here today.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Not going shoppin today either..
    i rather stay home talking to my online friends
    and getting imaginary gifts for them.

i think i ate too much turkey...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I didn't go shopping this morning. There really wasn't anything in the ads worth getting up that early for. Most of the stuff was the normal prices I've seen the last few weeks. I did have to run an errand and pass a mall. Let me tell you, there was absolutely no place to park and the drivers today.... :rolleyes :rolleyes is all I'm going to say about that. I almost got run off the road 4 times within a block radius :rolleyes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My sister said she was going shopping today. My dad's going to the gym which, unfortunately, is in the mall. One of my co-workers called me this morning and said that downtown was insane- at 10AM.

I'm on the couch, and I'm not moving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast