+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

MRD

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2683922;
    Well, just drive across, and use your birth certificate. Then fly to Atlanta GA. Leave now and you should make it. I'll come pick you up when I get off work, let you eat all day, spend the night, and send you home with enough food to last you till Christmas, at least.

Well, if it's an American South dinner, they are close to the same and involve turkey and ham, dressing (we don't call it stuffing in GA--it's a savory side made in a separate pan, plus some goes in the turkey)about 3 different potato dishes, various vegetables, rolls, a relish tray that only the old people eat, and at least 4 desserts that I know of, so I guess you would be having Thanksgiving!
    We broke with Southern tradition a few years ago and started having prime rib for Christmas. It was hard, but someone had to do it.
    But most of my life we had Thanksgiving dinner and then a month later had it all over again, but this time added a ham to go with the turkey and a massive fruit cake that only the old people eat. Those were the only differences in menu.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2684164;
    Attachment 22622 Happy Thanksgiving to all FoRTerS near and far, far and wide!
    Who are you calling fat and wide?? I haven't even baked the pies yet, let alone devoured them

Oh, FAR and wide. That's not so bad Back at you, lopevian
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Just wanted to wish my FoRT family a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope you are all surrounded by family and loved ones.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2685262;
    Just wanted to wish my FoRT family a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I hope you are all surrounded by family and loved ones.
    Same to you CC and to the rest of the FORT a very Happy Thanksgiving

and for those of you like me that don't care to be with the family, I hope some of you AREN'T surrounded by family if they drive you nuts like mine do.

This is a little late, but here's a cute site where you can send Thanksgiving wishes to someone you care about!

Merry Message
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2675222;
    Got 2 big turkey breasts to cook up. (one the day before).
    my son is coming home from college and I want him to have lots of leftovers to take back.
    we mash up the sweet potatoes and, of courses, add marshmallows.
    green been cassarole, cranberry jelly, noodles and mashed potatoes (the reguar ones)
    pumpkin pie and apple crisp.
    oh, yeah, devilled eggs - my sons fav.
    I told son he has to wait until christmas for the honey baked ham.

I get a turkey breast about once a month to cook up just to have fresh turkey slices in the fridge.
    I thought about making deviled eggs to take to my mom and dad's. They are doing all the food and I'm not getting there until Noon or so. Do you think it would go over alright? We are having the traditional turkey, dressing, taters, yams, cranberry sauce, rolls, and oh, yeah, tamales.

On another note, my SO doesn't want to go. At least, I can tell he'd rather not and I just can't bring myself to say, go ahead and stay home. I'd rather him go with me. It's a 2-1/2 hr drive so the dogs will stay alone during the day - much like a work day, which I think is fine. Oh well, if it comes down to it tomorrow morning and he's throwing a fuss, I'll just say, stay. I don't know if I mind or not.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Happy Thanksgiving to my FORT family...enjoy the day, the food and the loved ones you are surrounded by....drive safely too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2686195;
    I thought about making deviled eggs to take to my mom and dad's. They are doing all the food and I'm not getting there until Noon or so. Do you think it would go over alright? We are having the traditional turkey, dressing, taters, yams, cranberry sauce, rolls, and oh, yeah, tamales.

On another note, my SO doesn't want to go. At least, I can tell he'd rather not and I just can't bring myself to say, go ahead and stay home. I'd rather him go with me. It's a 2-1/2 hr drive so the dogs will stay alone during the day - much like a work day, which I think is fine. Oh well, if it comes down to it tomorrow morning and he's throwing a fuss, I'll just say, stay. I don't know if I mind or not.
    We always have deviled eggs at Tgiving. In fact, mine are already boiled and peeled and will get deviled in the morning.

Tell SO that this is the one day of the year you often HAVE to go places you don't want too, but the reward is being able to eat yourself silly.

I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and hope that you get your tummy full as you can Nothing like eating and being with your family

Happy BIRD Day everyone !

May you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day, and continue forward with much to be thankful for !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread