+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After the food's put away...

After the food's put away...

Do any of you have day-after-Thanksgiving rituals? Are there those of you who insist on showing up at the mall when the doors first open early in the morning? (If you do, I'd like to know how you do it. ) Do you sit at home and gorge on leftovers? Or do you have to work?

During most years I have to work, but I got lucky this year and I have the day off... to gorge on leftovers and watch the Law & Order marathon on TNT.

The day after Thanksgiving? Our busiest day of the year at the restaurant. We're packed from 5:00 a.m. up til 2:00 p.m. It's incredible for that many people to be out shopping at that time of day. My restaurant sits in front of a Kohls and Circuit City. We all share one huge, gigantic parking lot. People are cruising the lot looking for spots by 9:00 a.m. I wish I could just sit around and gorge myself on leftovers.

I do very little on the day after Thanksgiving. If I go shopping it's later in the day. I may see a movie with the kids or go to a museum. I sleep in. I just relax.

I can't understand the people who are up and at the store at 4am.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'll be working. I avoid shopping on this day like the plague.
    I may sleep a little late - depends whether I want to make a few extra bucks or not.

I did the 5am shopping thing ONCE. Never again... there's just no point. I now live next to a large shopping mall and shopping area, so I'm sure I'm going to want to avoid the roads at all cost.

So my Day After ritual is to take down my Thanksgiving decorations and replace them with Christmas items. This year will also be the first year that I have a normal sized Christmas tree (albeit fake), so I'm going to enjoy putting that up, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

For reasons unknown to me, the higher-ups in my company have decided we will be working on Friday. All of our customers are closed, but we will be open "just in case."

I absolutely refuse to shop the day after - it's crazy out there! I used to work in the mall, and it was a horrible day to work. (That and New Years Eve day, believe it or not).

Now that I work in an office, we have the day off. So I will probably just sleep in, relax, and stuff myself with leftovers.

Erin, that sucks that you have to work "just in case" - I hate it when employers give reasons like that. What you'll find is that you'll be sitting around, bored, and your employer will wonder why you're there. :rolleyes It's so frustrating. My boss will do that to us every now and then too.

I put my Christmas tree up and decorate the house on the day after Thanksgiving....then I just relax. I always have a long weekend and I refuse to waste it fighting traffic and ill-tempered shoppers....
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

*GASP!* Unk I think I found one day of the year that we're complete opposites! Normally we have all the same busy days/seasons, but for us the day after T-Day is the SLOWEST day of the year. Bout all we sell that day are some pies, bread, and breakfast foods. I'm working a half a day just to go in and reset the displays and change over to Christmas stuff and then do a bit of deep cleaning....then I'll come home to whatever leftovers I can scrounge from my friends' dinner and if I'm feelin REAL motivated put up my Christmas decor.

No way in HECK will you get me anywhere near a store that day! If I see something I "must have" I'll call my mother and have her pick it up....just like I do every year She's a rabid shopper and doesn't mind going out in that mess so we all just give her the wish lists and she does all the work.

Add me to the list of "HELL NO, you ain't catchin' me at the mall" people. I can't stand the rude crowds, fighting for parking, lines, et al.

In my family, we hang out all day (we usually are much more relaxed since everything no longer has to be "perfect" like the day before--plus we've all probably gotten our big family fight out of the way), and eat leftovers with the top buttons of our pants undone for comfort.

Friends who were with their respective families the night before will often come and visit on this day.

My bro and I will probably play video games on the XBox and read comics all day Friday. Fun, fun, fun!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast