+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After the food's put away...

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    *GASP!* Unk I think I found one day of the year that we're complete opposites!
    Slam city all day long Libs.
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    If I see something I "must have" I'll call my mother and have her pick it up....just like I do every year
    Isn't that how you got your camera last year?

Unklescott - Love the avatar. Best record ever. After TG I wouldn't dream of shopping unless I was in a really twisted ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) frame of mind. Then I would go somewhere manageable like Walmart and just mill. I like to park on the far side of the lot and walk anyway, so that's not a problem. I have a checkout curse at Walmart though. No matter what line I get in, the person in front of me has a time-consuming checkout problem.
    Count your blessings!

I spent two Christmases working in a mall. If you were on the payroll, you had to work. It actually wasn't that bad- we tended to be overstaffed and even though we were busy it was tolerable. The day after Christmas was another story. I'm so glad I don't work there anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was asked to go shopping. I did it once; you can't pay me enough to do it again.

And Unk,

I don't shop the day after Thanksgiving. Since I spend the holiday visiting my family in S. California, I usually go to my best friend's house the day after. Our husband's go play golf and she and I visit and watch the kids. When the "men" get back from a greuling round, we all have lunch and chat. That night, I go to my sister's home where my family will gather to "finish off" the leftovers and then I play a game of Mexican Train (dominoes) with my nephews and nieces. It's a lot of fun.

Good luck Friday, Unk. I promise not to come in and add to the mess.

I will be hiding out in my house, drinking coffee and laughing at the fools out in the below freezing weather to save a couple of bucks. Our office is closed (which is a good thing because it is right up the street from a mall). I refuse to go anywhere near stores the day after Thanksgiving.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott

Isn't that how you got your camera last year?
    Yep yep yep! And despite the "1 per customer" rule that they supposedly had on them, my mom left WalMart with 4 total so everybody in the family that wanted one got one and nobody else had to leave the house. GO MOM GO!

I'm staying off the streets, FAR away from any malls or other shops & putting up my christmas wreath on the door, my reindeers & my newly purchased polarbears on my lawn and then I'll just sit inside, watch cheezy movies on TV and think about everyone with sore feet who's standing in line and getting trampled on at the mall :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I have to leave for work at 6 pm, after hanging with the family all day, and yet at 3 am, here I sit after working all night tonight, waiting on a carrot cake to bake. I guess it'll be all right, I'll get 3-4 hours of sleep. I will admit that I'm looking forward to getting off work Friday morning, when I intend to come home and sleep all the hours I possibly can!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Turkey Day, it's traditional to take a powernap after stuffing yourself. I thought that was common knowledge.

Now here it is the morning after and I'm at work. I actually did get the day off but came in anyway to save some vacation time.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    In my family, we hang out all day (we usually are much more relaxed since everything no longer has to be "perfect" like the day before--plus we've all probably gotten our big family fight out of the way), and eat leftovers with the top buttons of our pants undone for comfort.

Friends who were with their respective families the night before will often come and visit on this day.

My bro and I will probably play video games on the XBox and read comics all day Friday. Fun, fun, fun!
    I was thinking about this thread this weekend because it turns out I described the post-Thanksgiving exactly the way it was! Call Dionne Warwick & the psychic friends!

BTW, I kicked everybody's asses in DOA and SoulCaliber.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12