+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Socialization: My odd attitudes (or not so odd)

Re: Socialization: My odd attitudes (or not so odd)

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2395566;
    One really great thing I do have is a neighborhood full of social people! My street alone has about 8 families with children close to the same age, so they all play together in and out of everyone's house and yard... and so the parents have all gotten to know each other quite well. We have summer barbeques all the time where one of us will just start grilling and everyone will pitch in for sides and drinks and we'll gather at the designated back yard for dinner. Mostly it's always outside gatherings, but ocassionally the merry-making will carry over to an evening of drinks/socializing inside someone's house.
    That is what I used to love when I lived with my parents. I remember even getting calls from the neighbours for a late night coffee and my parents would bring us kids in pjs. It was fun. Loved the impromptu bbqs also. The street I live on now is very different. In all honestly, it doesn't help that I'm not that good at socializing with people I don't know. I'll be nice to you, but I won't be making the first step.

Re: Socialization: My odd attitudes (or not so odd)

I'm weird in this regard. If I am around new people, I am quiet and shy. But if I am around people I know, I... wel, you cant shut me up. I come from a loud family My friends now find it highly amusing that one of the reasons i was held back in kindergarten was because I wouldn't talk to people. I was a tad antisocial.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123