+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear Of Flying (Uh Oh)

I have a fear of flying to but I get on the plane, and each time I'm a stronger person for getting past the fear one more time. I try to take a good book, or music to listen to , something to distract me ........
    I do agree that plane crashes are rare.......but my fear is still there.

You can do it!
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Hang in there, Aalydah.

It's understandable to be nervous if you've never flown before, but you just might find you enjoy it! I love flying, myself; I find it exhilarating to be in the air, and I love looking out the window and watching the clouds pass by.

Like John said, just remember it's the safest mode of transportation there is. You're more likely to get hurt riding in your car, and yet I'm sure you do that every day without hesitation.

If you're really, really scared though, talk to your doctor about maybe prescribing something to help you to relax on the trip. My friend gets very anxious and I think she takes something called Klonopin (sp?), and of course there are other tranquilizer/sedative type things that might help you as well.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I used to be scared of flying, but after flying numerous times without incident, I was able to overcome it. I still get nervous when there's turbulence, but I take several breaths and remind myself that I'll be okay.

You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Hang in there, Aalydah.

It's understandable to be nervous if you've never flown before, but you just might find you enjoy it! I love flying, myself; I find it exhilarating to be in the air, and I love looking out the window and watching the clouds pass by.

Like John said, just remember it's the safest mode of transportation there is. You're more likely to get hurt riding in your car, and yet I'm sure you do that every day without hesitation.

If you're really, really scared though, talk to your doctor about maybe prescribing something to help you to relax on the trip. My friend gets very anxious and I think she takes something called Klonopin (sp?), and of course there are other tranquilizer/sedative type things that might help you as well.
    Probably Clonazepam, it's prescribed for anxiety and panic attacks, but don't drink while on it. It's in the valium family. My Mom takes it for panic disorder, but she still won't fly.

Flying is fiiiiine. I've flown between Australia and Canada seven times and I'm about to make it 8 tomorrow. And that's discounting other flights to Edmonton, Toronto, Florida, California, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth etc etc. Like it's been said, flying is the safest mode of transportation you can take. I understand being nervous if it's your first time, but nothing bad is going to happen. If it helps, you can also think of all the other flights arriving from their various destinations completely unscathed. Generally the worst you see on an arrivals board is "delayed" which means they're stuck in a holding pattern above the airport because despite the fact the plane was half an hour early all the other planes were too and there's a lineup for the runway and because your'e about to land you can't listen to your discman so you have to read the novel you finished somewhere between honolulu and vancouver anyway and argh.

Basically, all I can say, is don't worry, just pretend you're in a big, comfy car where people are bringing you bad food and making you watch Olsen twins movies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12