+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How easy is it...

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

How easy is it...

I hope I'm in the right forum for this... Since I uploaded my grandbabies' phots, I've been sending the all over the world, of course. Well, I think I suffered a serious lack of judgment. (no comments from the peanut gallery!) I emailed the pix to the exhusband. He said he only got the infamous red "X" instead of one of the pix. I had three pix in the one document, but only one was an "X".

He sent it back to me to look at it, and I clicked on the red "X", since I had read here that it might be possible to pull up a picture that way. However, when I did that, it took me inside my aol screen/program. Just from there, I was able to travel all around the software and hardware in my computer. I don't know for sure if he got in, but given the chance, he'd do it. There isn't anything criminal (I'm more careful about hiding that stuff), but to have someone that close to my finances, notes and letters re my divorce from him is quite unsettling. I realize I could block him, but since I don't know his other six screen names, it wouldn't be of much help.

Does anyone here know how this works? Or maybe just I could get in and he couldn't? I'm baffled. I hastily boxed up my belongings and moved to another abode, so I don't have that specific email anymore, but I tried replicating it with my daughter, and we couldn't get it to do that again. I really hate the thought of someone annoying my hard drive and sucking up to my mother board.

Any help would be greatfully apreciated. My paranoia is wearing very thin, and I'd sure like to give it a rest.

Thanks. JD

I am not 100% sure about this infomation, but I think this could help.

I believe that when you got into your hard-drive, it was only because you were on your own computer, and I don't believe your ex-husband would be able to do it when he clicked the picture.

Though people can get onto your hard-drive through other means, those means are quite dificult and wouldn't be through the touch of a button.

Hope this helps, and hopfully somebody can confirm this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I was hoping that was the case. I'd sure hate to try to buy something and...ooops... sorry, lady, it was declined!

I'm not sure he would be malicous, just annoying. Thanks, a little reassurance goes a long way. I tried following the logic, and it didn't make sense, but my logic is, well, not always that sound.

Oh, and your turkey looks done - you might need some benzocaine and aloe-vera for that poor bird!

Make sure you have a good fire wall installed on your computer. Most prebuilt systems these days have one, just make sure. i am not saying that he could get into your computer like you did, i do not think he could but people can get in all sorts of ways and having a good fire wall will help provent that from happening and give you some peace of mind.

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

+ Reply to Thread