+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: you...again?

you...again?

well, i must apologize for turning the site into some paranormal spectacle, but the "your own death" thread and some of your posts in the "ghosts" thread really motivated me to find out what some of you think about some things that i am interested in. so, i'm wondering...

how do you feel about reincarnation?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

Re: you...again?

Originally posted by broken_pryncess

how do you feel about reincarnation?
    I'm sorry, come again! I didn't hear you

but seriously, I hope not, the world is getting crappier by the decade now. no real advances in fossil fuel consumption, plus the tearing up of the enviroment. (god, listen to me, I sound like one of those bunyy hugging, tree snuggling, nazi eco- facist warriors). as i see it, in 50 years this planet is going to suck and I donm't want to come back to it. memory intake or not.

I am not sure, exactly. I heard that some people get regressive hypnotism and come out with stuff that is actually verified in history books and archives. I don't really know, but I do know that you have opened up a door for us to discuss paranormal stuff which I think would be an interesting topic in itself!

Hmm, this one is definitely easiest for me to peg my answer. Great topics, broken_pryncess!

I absolutely don't believe in reincarnation. I don't think I've had any previous lives or anything. In my opinion, you're born, you live, you die, and then comes your permanent afterlife (heaven or hell). 'Course, that's just what I believe.

FORT Fanatic
    broken_pryncess has great topics!

I'm with Kylie on this one, except for the afterlife thing. I think you just are born and die. However, I do really, really love the Buddhist concept that one tries to "earn" one's way out of this life of suffering through being reincarnated and doing enough good deeds to get the ticket out. That's far and away the best religious explanation for suffering I have ever heard. I don't believe it though. Now I digress...reincarnation is a way cool concept, but I don't believe in it.

I'm with Jill on this one. Once you die, you're done.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't believe in reincranation (heck I can't even spell it) but a wierd thing happened when my youngest was an infant. I ran into an old coworker who was very into all mystic things including reincrantion. She was admiring the baby and chatting and then she stopped and said "Oh my, this one is an old old soul. This one will surprize you with what she knows already."

Now, both my kids are pretty smart. (they are also smart asses but I can't complain about that because both my husband and I are that too) but my youngest is "scary smart" From the second she could talk, she talked in almost full sentences. She sounds just like a grown up in phrases she uses and how she will word things. At times she looks at us rather pityingly (if that is a word) like she realizes she knows what to do but wants us less informed sprits to figure this out for ourselves. (my husband is also of the opinion she is waiting for her real parents the King and Queen to show up)

So the short answer is, no I don't believe, but I do wonder.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

i'm glad that you are having fun with my topics. i was a little concerned that they were a little too far off the focus of this site. so, i'm glad that i've opened up a little something here. i think it is always good to question and explore your beliefs.

to be honest, i'm not sure how i feel about reincarnation either. my husband is a buddhist, and one of our friends is a unitarian universalist minister and he is buddhist as well. i've pretty much been all over as far as my beliefs go. i've never actually believed in the conventional view of god. i feel that i am a very spiritual person, but i am not religious by any means. so, when i met my husband, i started to look into his view, and i must admit it is much closer to what i believe than any other religion.

i did see an interesting statistic a while back which kind of freaked me out, and it said that if the population kept growing like it is now and there are the average number of deaths per year, then by the year 2005 there will not be enough souls to come back and suggested that there will be children born "soulless"... hmm... being that i'm not convinced in reincarnation and i don't believe that we have souls i'm not real troubled by this - but, it would make for an interesting movie or something...

i do wonder, though. it is a fascinating idea, and i would love to come back...but, ONLY if i could come back as a house cat.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

There is a movie called the 7th Seal with Demi Moore that explored the idea of running out of souls. It is an old one, but interesting.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

OH! i remember... it's called the 7th sign. i haven't seen that in forever. i don't really remember what it was about, but i do remember that i really liked it. wasn't it something about the end of the world, and signs of the apocalypse?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast