+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: you...again?

That is right. It is about all that, but the reason that the earth was ending is because the place that holds souls(the guff) was empty and the end of the world would come when a person was born without a soul. The seven signs of appocolypse would occur when the seven seals were broken. It was very creapy and very interesting.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    I totally believe in 'old souls' and reincarnation (I can't spell it either! ).

Originally posted by broken_pryncess
    i do wonder, though. it is a fascinating idea, and i would love to come back...but, ONLY if i could come back as a house cat.

That has been my husband's statement for years. After watching our cat, who was clearly Queen in her prevous life, he has decided that the house cat status is a reward for a good prevous life.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fanatic
    broken-pryncess, do I have the Buddhist concept of suffering right? I think it is, but since your husband is Buddhist maybe you could confirm it for me. Just want to make sure I am not spouting off about something I am completely wrong about.

Ehh, when it comes to reincarnation, I'm a little sceptacle. I don't really believe it, but I'm always open minded about it.

FORT Fanatic
    I did do this weird regression thing with a holistic healer once. It was unbelievable. Although now that I think about it, it was not about reincarnation. It was about the family history that comes stamped on your genes. Very cool.

Like the topic of ghosts, I like to keep an open mind. I think that just about anything is possible, and while I'm Catholic, and therefore Christian I don't believe that we Christians have a monopoly on truth. I think that all religions (major ones that I know about anyway) are all correct in their own way and that "God" presents him/herself to cultures in the ways that they will best understand and identify with. For me it's Christ and the Christian bible, but if I'd been born in rural China it would be something else. I think as long as you choose your path and follow it with integrity, that it's all good.

(I just met some people in the last year who follow the B'hai faith and from what I gather they believe this same thing, more or less).

ANYWAY, I'm not sure about reincarnation, but an awful lot of the world does believe in it, so...maybe?? I know that I do often feel that I meet people who I already "know". I can guess what will make them laugh, what their values are, what they like on their pizza. I call them "members of my tribe", meaning that maybe we've been together before - somewhere - sometime. I have also read that those who do believe in reincarnation believe that you are reincarnated along with a "core group" of souls who travel together. So during one life someone's your mother, but in the next maybe they're your husband.

I think it's all very intriguing and look forward to when it's my time to find out the truth one way or the other!

Originally posted by Jill
    broken-pryncess, do I have the Buddhist concept of suffering right? I think it is, but since your husband is Buddhist maybe you could confirm it for me. Just want to make sure I am not spouting off about something I am completely wrong about.
    ok - i called in the husband on this one, and he says that it's more about enlightenment than suffering. but, then says that that is his belief and says that he is much more liberal in his beliefs. however, he does say that what you wrote is very close to the textbook definition of buddhism. actually, it's right on with what he just read to me out of some "dictionary of beliefs and religions". so, you are correct. he feels that your karma ("the moral law of cause and effect by which a person's actions are carried forward from one life to the next, leading to an improvement or deterioration in that person's fate" - again from the religion book) determines what you come back as. i've just started to explore the whole buddhist thing since we've been together. and, although i agree with a lot of the things, there are many that i just don't understand or don't agree with. i guess there isn't a label for everyone's beliefs - i am yet to find one that embraces all of mine. i guess that's why i'm so interested in all of this - i am kind of all over the place with my beliefs. i mean, there are things that i would like to believe - beautiful things and ideas of heaven and angels and enlightenment, but regardless of how pretty the ideas, i really can't bring myself to believe any of it deep down. from what i have seen/heard/read/experienced i am still at a point where i don't believe in much but am constantly questioning the possibilities.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I can't really say that I believe in reincarnation. A few years ago I saw a special on reincarnation. It was pretty interesting, but it didn't fully convince me that it exits. I keep an open mind about topics that I don't fully understand or believe in. Like Kylie, I believe in the afterlife.

Fief, that movie the 7th Signs was great. It gave me the creeps when I saw it.

Some strange tales out there in the world to make you sit back and go HMMMMM on reincarnation. The ones were kids tell about remembering their past lives are real good.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast