+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Find (Christmas items)....

Duxxy- We just went to a birthday party for the boy across the street from us who turned 7. We got him Yu-Gi-Oh action figures. I also think that you can never go wrong with any kind of car type toy for a boy.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Yu-gi-oh! is hot with 5-8yr olds. You could get them each a nice deck of the cards. The price range varies for the types and quantities of cards.

My son is into these warrior tops called bayblade. The battle each other in an arena. The arena is $6 at Walmart and the Bayblade tops are anywhere from $5 to $16 if I remember correctly. I got my son two tops and the arena for $17. That would also keep the boys occupied for the duration of your visit.

There are these great plug and play video games that are about $18. The games from Atari and other game systems are all in the joystick. You just plug them into the av jaks on the tv and whallah! There are usually 10 to 20 games in one. They are one player though I belieave and the boys would have to wait on each other. The older boy might get bored with them quickly because they are 80s graphics and way out of date.

i really think the cards and the bayblades are your best bet. If you are looking to sped $20 apiece then you could get both. If you want to spend $20 total then pick one and roll with it.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I was thinking $20 each - Bionicles was also suggested to me, do your boys like those Feifer??
    thanks for your suggestions FH and Feif btw -it's much appreciated
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    My son is into these warrior tops called bayblade. The battle each other in an arena. The arena is $6 at Walmart and the Bayblade tops are anywhere from $5 to $16 if I remember correctly. I got my son two tops and the arena for $17. That would also keep the boys occupied for the duration of your visit.
    I would echo this...my 8 yr old just asked for more Beyblades for xmas....I found this great motorized launcher at Target for $20 that will launch those things fast into the arena (instead of the pull rip cord they come with). What I like about them too is that it they have to build the blades (like a miniature model).

My son has been banned from Yu-Gi-oh so these Beyblades are a welcome change. Bionicles and the Transformer stuff has lost its luster for my son.

There's also some cool books about paper airplanes (mini's even)...my son loves to build stuff from paper (spinners, chinese stars, airplanes, etc.)
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

My son stillloves to build the bionicles, butonce built they last a day or two and then they are forgotten until I step on one inthe middle of the night and then throw it out.

If you are going for $20 apiece then you could get a couple of bayblades for each boy and the arena depending on how pricey a top you get. If you get a less expensive top then you might get each of them a launcer as well. I know it is hard to pictures all that we are talking about but all will be appearant once you see the items in the store or on Amazon.

I like the idea of the paper airplane books too. We got one for my son last year and he still plays with it. He likes to fashion his own using the book as a pattern and adding his own flair. That way he can keep the original. We also gave the same book to my thirty something brother who seemed to enjoy it just as much. Hehe.

There are also these sets called Kinex. They have them for different age ranges. So you could buy one set for the 5 yr old and the more advanced set for the 8 yr old. They come with instructions on how to build multiple contraptions from one set and each comes in it's own carrying case. My son loves to invent his own designs and adds other toys in to complete his inventions. These are relitively cheap for the amount of fun involved and can really spark the imagination.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I was thinking $20 each - Bionicles was also suggested to me, do your boys like those Feifer??
    thanks for your suggestions FH and Feif btw -it's much appreciated
    My son got Bionicles for his birthday (Dec. 1). I think he spent about 5 minutes on them and that was it. A friend of ours got him a, I think it is called a Comando Set) it has 2 walkie talkies and a mobile base station. All of it works on batteries, but 3 kids can play with this set since you can talk on the base station also. It cost about $13.00. It is at Wal-Mart.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

My son still plays with his Bionicles. Also the paper airplane book sounds like a good idea......my son has one of these that he likes as well.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Both of my kids love tangrams. My husband gave me a set with hard plastic pieces and a book of hundreds of tangram examples. My kids ploughed through that and make up their own now. We cut out some of that bright art foam in the tangram shapes and away they went. It keeps them busy and their imaginations are working too.

Dux, from what I hear Spongebob is pretty popular too, we got a boy in my daughters Kindergarten class a Spongebob I Spy game for his birthday and I know they played it during their play day. There are also the I Spy books. They are about $13 each and my kids and all kids (all ages) I know love them, I bought one for my nephew and the poor guy, it was him, myself and 3 of his uncles at the table finding everything I get mine here at Superstore, I think its called No Frills there.

There is a game called tic tac chec that is really fun to play. It is chess played with only four pieces each and the goal is to get four in a row(horisontally, vertically or diagonally) by moving the pieces inthe traditional fashion. The game board is four squares by four squares and any piece knocked out of the game can be reinntroduced on yournext turn. It is so much fun and really gets the kids thinking. My 6 yr old and my 4 yr old love it. My husband enjoys playing with them and we have little mini-tournaments. I found ours at a local mall store called the game chest but you could probably get it at any store that is serious about games and specifically chess. I was never intrerested in chess before this game, but now I am willing to learn. I can not remember the price of the game, but think it was under $15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast