+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Find (Christmas items)....

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Antique isn't referring to age, it's referring to color. Antique brass is more of a brownish shade instead of the bright *goldish* brass look.
    Well excuuuuuse me! Believe it or not I DO know what antiquing is. I just wasn't aware that antiqued items would be hard to find. I'm thinking that Kirklands would be a good place to start. Old Time Pottery or Garden Ridge and others. Then you could try Florists who also have gift items. Now I'll find myself looking for them everywhere I go.

Gee, Muduh, I wasn't trying to be insulting... your post implied that I was looking for old items, as you can't pass off brass for being antique brass.

We don't have Kirklands, Old Time Pottery, and Garden Ridge in Michigan.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Saw these at touchofclasscatalog.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Broadway, if all else fails, there's always a good ol' can of spray paint. Seriously though, there are a lot of cool types of sprays on the market that can make things look old, aged, or whatever. A good sanding on a slick, shiny surface, then spray and wha-la, "antique brass" finish.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Igotalife that's a great idea.......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I wanted to bring this thread up, now that December is here....

Does anyone know if banks will still sell savings bonds or do you have to buy from an online service??

Broadway, did you find them, or did you use the spray paint??
    Could does not mean should

Target has several stocking holders although I'm not sure about antique brass (I saw gold, silver and bronze on their website but I know they have a bigger selection in the store).

You'll find them in 2 sections - one on an end-cap around the kitchen items section (main isle) and of course some in the Christmas section.

Not sure if you're still looking, Broadway, but I just came across this thread. Do you have a Pier One by you? I can't remember if they had an actual antique brass holder, but they had LOVELY holders (they were BEAUTIFUL) in some kind of brass. I have some I'm very fond of, and almost bought these because I liked them so much.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Gee, Muduh, I wasn't trying to be insulting... your post implied that I was looking for old items, as you can't pass off brass for being antique brass.

We don't have Kirklands, Old Time Pottery, and Garden Ridge in Michigan.
    If you have a Joann Fabrics where your at check there, I live in Michigan too and I bought some antique looking stocking holders from there a couple of years back or maybe try Michaels.

HELP!!!
    close friends have invited us for supper tomorrow night and I just know they are going to have something for my daughter. They have an 8 yr old boy and a 5 yr old boy.
    What is popular for older boys??? Any suggestions would be appreciated - in about the $20 range.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast