+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where Are You When You Visit The FORT??

FORT Fogey

Where Are You When You Visit The FORT??

I try to picture where all you guys are when you're posting here or reading others' posts.

Me, I am usually inside my apartment, most often lying on top of my bed and leaning into a bunch of pillows while the TV plays in front of me. That's the easiest way for me to post in "discussion" threads while the shows are airing.

But I often wonder about the rest of you (especially you prolific people with high post counts): where are you when you visit the FORT?

At home? In the same room as your TV or a different room? Sitting up at a desk or lying back in a comfortable chair? At school? In a computer lab? At work?

Where are you?

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Usually I'm at my desk at home or at school, but right now I'm relaxing in my grandmother's living room Quite comfortable chairs, too, much better than the short ones at school

Nice thread, Pomi! And get you...lounging among your satin and silk embroidered pillows, being hand-fed peeled grapes and fanned by twin stud muffins! Awwww, you must have done something very, very deserving in another life!

Well, I certainly am NOT at work if you ever see me on the computer! Being that some of my job sites are "raw"...meaning bare soil without even a house...no electric...no phone lines....and worse yet...NO BATHROOM!!!, I have to wait until I'm somewhere after work to hook into the Internet.

Usually, it's at home, in Michigan, but right now, it's at a clients home in Chicago, where I'm house-sitting. My partner doesn't have a land line connection, so there's no computer availability at her house.

So, that's where I'm coming from, Pom. Now, go back to your boudoir and enjoy that foot massage.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I have a spare bedroom I turned into an office. I'm leaned back in my chair, feet on the desk, keyboard in my lap, cat in a chair next to me. He sneaks over onto my chest quite often. I'm tall (6'3") so if I sit up at the desk I feel like I'm typing at my knees.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 11-13-2004 at 10:04 PM.

This reminds me of the Command Post thread over here: The Command Post.

There I have a picutre of my computer set up.

When I'm at home... I'm in my extra bedroom/office, sitting at a computer desk with my television off to the side.

When I'm at work, I'm sitting in my little cubicle overlooking the Detroit River trying to prepare for the next meeting that I get to run in and out of day-in and day-out.

Nothing comfy=cozy for me, although I just might have to crack out my laptop on the bed. That sounds far too comfortable.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

me im in my bedroom taken over from stuff in the other rooms as parents redecorate (as if the room isnt small enough already)

I have my own office so the prying eyes above me leave me alone. When at home, I sprung for a monster corner wall computer desk thingy that I moved into my bedroom. It's just my bed and my computer. Hey, gotta set the priorities.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I sit in our den, the desk is in the corner, door behind me, window to the left with the TV beside it. CD player and speakers all around me, but I usually just play music off the computer that I downloaded. When Primetime TV comes around I am usually upstairs in my room watching it, don't like to be bothered or distracted when my favourite shows come on. Its cool to see where everyone is when they are at the FORT.

When I come here I'm almost always at home. I don't have a computer at work. I have taken my laptop to a local cafe and got on here via their free wireless access a couple of times. Otherwise, I browse from the comfort of my bed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast