+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where Are You When You Visit The FORT??

Office upstairs that has a glassed in deck overlooking the backyard. Have to have the AC on a lot since it gets pretty hot. Hubby has a laptop, and I am pestering for one too!

FORT Fogey
    A lot has changed in the two years since I started this thread. I've been way too busy at work to come here during the day so I do it only from my home now.

I gave away my two desktop computers and I'm down to owning just three laptops: (1) an old Dell Latitude to which I'm sentimentally attached and into which I stuck a new wireless card, (2) a new Acer TravelMate, and (3) a new Sony VAIO 17" Widescreen.

Thanks to the wireless router I can work anywhere I want to work -- inside or outside my apartment. I love sitting on my front porch while THE POMERANIANS (the two dogs and my kitty cat) hang out with me.

What I like best about this arrangement is that I always lock two laptops in my file cabinets before turning on the security alarm and leaving my house for the day with the third computer. If a burglar broke in he'd have 20 seconds before all "alarm heck" broke loose, and in that time the only thing he'd see is a tidy house with no valuable computer equipment out in the open.

LESS IS MORE. I love living with wireless laptops that I can tuck of sight.

My desktop computer is in the corner of the dining rooom facing a south window. It's the only place with a plug in and semi-out of the way. It's close to the kitchen, for grabbiing snacks and munchies. But it's pretty far from the tv which is on the opposite end of the house.

Wish I had a laptop. Maybe I'll ask Santa for one.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I am either in my living room, with my laptop, dear hubby at my side (that's my favorite place to log into the FORT), or at work. I find that I am on more in the colder months, and less in the warmer months. So, get use to seeing me again...as the cold winds they are blowin!

Just as always, I'm probably in my recliner, watching tv and my MacBook on my lap. I also have wireless so sometimes I'm in the kitchen or living room. In the summer I often went out to the arbor which was nice but a bit too bright.

Always in the living room computer desk - with Joey laying on the desk rattling the glass top because his purr is so hard...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Our home office is right next to the living room, off the front door. I can hear but not see the t.v., but no laptop for me. I tried my husband's and kept fat-fingering the keys.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I'm generally here during work hours & playing hooky from doing actual work. When I'm logged in at home, it's from my 'office area' comprised of a computer armoire, set up behind my couch in the living area of my apartmetn.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

in the bathroom with a laptop

I'm just JOKING!

in the living room, at the desk. :-P
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo;2139759;
    in the bathroom with a laptop

I im in the "office" area of my living room. The desk is behind the couch aimed at the tv.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread