+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where Are You When You Visit The FORT??

I'm at the kitchen counter, on a kitchen stool, with a view of the TV and the exercise bike that I should be riding.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    ......with a view of the TV and the exercise bike that I should be riding.
    Move the bike...out of sight, out of mind.

Ahh, did the treadmill for the evening - are you impressed?

I'm finally in front of the TV (watching a reality show) and on line. Got the wireless up and running, just for this! OK, and to travel also, but this is what I've been looking forward to!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

When I visit the FORT I am usually in my home office/spare room with a small t.v. on top of file cabinet. I do log on at work when I am caught up. It is really hard to resist logging on first thing in the morning after a particularly good show the night before. I use that as incentive to plow through the paperwork and get it done as quickly as possible. I have my own office at work, but open door policy means just about everybody there walks in to interrupt ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!!!

By the way, how many t.v.'s do ya'll have in your homes? I am almost ashamed to say that we have one in every room except bathrooms! And if I lean just right I can see the one in my bedroom from the bathroom.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I too am a stay at home mom....
    Computer is in the living room, TV behind me....window to the left....It's not too bad. My brother has his computer in the opposite corner...Just got DSL and must admit am LOVING it....also just upgraded my computer from a 64mb (yes I said 64mb)...I added a whole 128...but man what a difference!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I just found this and thought I'd bump it up to see if anyone's changed their habits in the last 2 years.

I usually visit the FORT at home in my living room watching both the TV and the computer. I've got them setup side by side. I have my keyboard and mouse setup on a little table that I slide up to the couch when I want to use the computer. The other place I visit from is work. Just to check in during breaks or when I'm really bored.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Visit the FORT? Heck, I don't visit...I live here!!!!!

My computer is set up in the living room with the TV over my right shoulder. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a laptop tho........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

yeah. me too.
    I visit life.
    mostly laptop in my living room on the couch.
    desktop in the bedroom or the desktop in my home office.
    yeah. obsessive. I know.

MRD
    Ah, I am in the kind of dogleg nook area off the living room (Our living room/dining room is odd shaped) and the tv is 2 rooms away in the family room.
    Which is why I have to run to the computer AFTER the show to post.
    I've tried using my daughter's laptop, but 1), I have a hard time typing on it, the keyboard is weird to me and 2) i can't do what you all do and concentrate on 2 things at once. But I can't walk and chew gum either, so I watch, then read the FORT
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

As my computer is still in my basement and I only come on the Fort at home, I'm still in the same place. I have internet access at work but rarely come on to the FORT because then I really would get nothing done at work.

But, it's getting cold down here, I have to get these basement windows replaced, it's down right breezy.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread