+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where Are You When You Visit The FORT??

I converted my solarium into a dining room, and then my dining room into a den/office. By Vancouver's standards I have a fair amount of space, but still have to be creative about it.

i am on my boyfriends and my computer in our bedroom. We have three comps in the apartment but this is the one i am always on. The tv is always on but i am seldom watching, he is more of a tv person then i am, i prefer peace and quiet or reality tv... We have a huge computer desk that we made out of two computer desks and some of those stackable storage cubes. Anyway it makes a nice comfortable computer area with everything within arms reach.

bjb

Fort Member
    Work
    My job can be very quiet at times and we have internet access. As long as its not interferring with our work we can use it at our discression. We are however banned from certain sites. We recently changed server and they upped the number of banned sites I would have died it FORT was one of them.
    I sometimes log on at home but with a 16 year old son and a husband who never grew up I rarely get the chance to use the computer as they feel that its use is for playing games more than for checking the latest reality news

Home. My computer desk is in the living room with the tv to the left in case I need to post and watch at the same time. I can't log on at work, no internet access. Plus I am paid piece rate...surfing the FORT would seriously cut into my paycheck.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My pic is in the Command Post thread as well.

The computer is in the living room next to the couch with the tv just over my left shoulder across the room. Normally I sit angled to the desk with the keyboard pulled out and my feet up on the arms of the couch glancing back and forth between the tv and computer.

Downstairs in the family room, where our desktop computers reside. I still need to get a wireless router of my own (the one in the neighborhood just isn't dependable) so that I can join in the reality fun when my show starts again.

But then again, I've been down here all day, working again. Didn't I take this job to get away from the odd hours of retail? OK, having a job is better than not.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I try to picture where all you guys are when you're posting here or reading others' posts.
    Pom, you know perfectly well my computer is in my bedroom.

Unfortunately the computer and TV are on opposite walls, therefore the TV is behind me. So I have a mirror set up beside my monitor in order to see the TV. I only have to turn around if there are words on the screen, I can't read backwards.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

During the day, I'm at our table where I can watch the kids whether they are inside or in the backyard. At night, I am laying on the sofa cuddled up with my powerbook and FORT.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    In my dining room which is really more of an office or workroom what with the computer desk, filing cabinets, bookcases and of course the sewing machine. From here I can't see the tv and barely can hear it unless I turn it up really LOUD, which I can't do when mr. gracie is here because most of the time when I'm online, he's sleeping. I use to get on at my daughter's house until their computer got hit by lightning.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    I use to get on at my daughter's house until their computer got hit by lightning.

And....you're going to leave it at that? Details, gracie, details!

+ Reply to Thread