+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: what do you believe?

what do you believe?

ok - this may be a little "out there" for some of you, as i don't quite have a feel for everyone yet. but, i haven't seen any other threads related to this, and after giving WAY too much thought to the "your own death" thread, i am kind of curious as to what you guys think or feel about the paranormal - ghosts, the afterlife, energy, hauntings, angels, ufos, aliens, abductions, you name it... just curious. thought it might be kind of neat to maybe share some "spook stories"...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Okay, I'm a little scared to reply to this thread because I'm afraid people who don't know me will think I'm a total freak...

Anyway, this isn't a scary story.
    My friend Amy died in 92 when she was hit by a train. About a week later I went out to the cemetery by myself to "talk" to her. You know, say things that I wish I would have said to her before she died.
    I was standing there just crying uncontrollably and I swear I felt like I would fall down. And then I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, as if trying to comfort me. I didn't need to turn my head because I knew I was alone, but I don't think I was really alone. It seemed like she was there too. Maybe trying to let me know she was alright. I honestly reached up and touched my shoulder as if to put my hand on top of hers. I suddenly felt calm and at peace with what had happened. Like I could accept it. I have never felt that sadness about her again. When I think of her now, I just see her smiling.

It is something I will never forget in all of my life. So yes, I believe.

I believe absolutely anything is possible.

Since things like that can't be proven false I don't know where I would get off claiming it impossible.

Yes, Aliens too (but in my mind they are more ET not Sigourney Weaver gut dwellers)
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I believe in ghosts but I think it's nothing like what you see on TV nor can John Edwards or whatever that's creep name is talk to them. I think out in the universive something else has got to be living but who knows what they are like.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    been haunted too many times, Ili and I had a rough night back in 80, doors slamming open and people shouting at us and people being seen and not there the next minute, door knobs turning, real fun house,

I'm fascinated with stories of apparitions, and such. Can't say that I've ever experienced/witnessed any type of paranormal activity, but I do think there are ghosts. Aliens? Just a couple of weeks ago, my brother claims he saw a UFO when he was on the dark freeway going to Rowlett. :rolleyes Hmm...I believe there has to be something else out there in the universe. However, I'm hesistant to believe when people say they saw aliens and that they were abducted.

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    broken_pryncess ~ Good idea for a thread

Originally posted by glennajo
    Okay, I'm a little scared to reply to this thread because I'm afraid people who don't know me will think I'm a total freak...
    glennajo... who cares what other people think? They are your thoughts and beliefs, embrace them. There will always be others that don't like or agree with what you say, but there will be many who do. Thats how you find a friend.

I believe in angels. I also believe in people's souls being reborn. Spirits (ghosts) yes, not gouls and goblins like that, just restless spirits.... I think kind of like what nlmcp is trying to say. And I agree with Cali as well. Although I have never shook hands with an alien, I can't say they are or are not possible.

Thank you for those words rox.
    I always worry too much about what other people think.
    After I put that post up, I worried all night that someone was going to come on here and say something that would make me feel stupid. But that's life I guess.
    I told that story because I wanted people to know that you hear awful stories of hauntings all the time. Not every paranormal experience is scary or evil.
    I just believe sometimes angels are watching over us. At least I hope so, I need all the help I can get!

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    glennajo ~ I am in your corner.

And AMEN to the guardian angels... I know mine is the reason I am still alive. thanks Grandpa

I strongly believe in angels. Guardian angels, etc, like in your story, glennajo. Although I've never had any encounters, I believe they're out there.

Now, I am a bit more skeptical when it comes to ghosts, aliens, UFO's, etc. I'm not saying these things couldn't exist, but I am not prone to believe that they do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast