+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: what do you believe?

I wouldn't call American Gods "little-known." I haven't read it myself, but I know it has quickly become one of Neal Gaiman's biggest hits (which is saying something, given his success with "Neverwhere" and "Stardust").

On topic: I believe I'll have a drink of water.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paulie
    On topic: I believe I'll have a drink of water.
    Good lord, Paulie - NOOOOO! It will ruin your streak! Remember, it's been 5 years since anything other than milk or Mrs. Paulie has touched your lips!!!!

Princess
    Originally posted by Paulie
    GREAT post, phat. I don't believe everything you do, but I love the way you expressed yourself. And there are some on that list that I nearly broke my neck nodding about.

And the "EXACT SAME EPISODE" one cracked me up. It's SO true!
    I can but agree with Paulie's comment - very nice! And that "EXACT SAME EPISODE" - happens ALL THE TIME - and I thought it was just me!

wow! neil!! i must admit, i was a little surprised when i saw this here. neil and tori go hand in hand. they are very close, and in fact, tori mentions him in a song on most of her albums. "If you need me, me and Neil'll be hanging out with the Dream King" - which is from "tear in your hand" and is a reference to one of his characters from the sandman series. he's really interesting - i would highly recommend him.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fanatic
    I believe I now have "Tear In Your Hand" stuck in my head.

I believe that if there's a long-running show you never, ever watch, and you happen to catch an episode one day, you'll see the EXACT SAME EPISODE the next time you just happen to catch that show on TV.
    This is so true! I hate it when this happens.

MRD

Re: what do you believe?

I had a very interesting experience at my friend's house over the weekend. She has just remarried and moved to her husband's home. I stayed in his guest room/mediation room.

On my last night there, I woke up feeling sick. I sat up and turned on the light and next to the bed was a woman in a white dress. It was obviously not a "real" woman. She acted annoyed and grabbed her skirts an swished away and disappeared. While I know I have had contact with my parents, this is the first time I've ever seen a form.
    It freaked me out and I went and slept in my friend's son's room in his bunkbed (not reccomended for over 40 year olds. I have never been so uncomfortable, but it was preferable to what I had just experienced).

The next morning I told my friend and her husband, described the woman and he said it was his mother. He told me his grown daughter had been visiting before me and she appeared to her granddaughter every night. I guess she was annoyed because she didn't know me and I wasn't her family. He also told me his mom had been a well respected pyschic when she was alive.

I've always believed in spirits. I believe my parents have contacted me although I did not "see" them and their contact was very peaceful and loving. But this is my first time seeing something and it scared me mostly because the contact wasn't frightening, but it wasn't friendly either.

Not sure I would want to repeat this. I'd rather not see anything. Although I am freakishly attracted to the show Ghost Hunters. It scares me, but I am fascinated by it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's worth one huge WOW! I don't know how you do it but you seemed to have taken that very well! I think I would have woken up everyone in the house and the adjoining houses in a five mile radius!

MRD

It was freaky, but I knew that while this wasn't exactly friendly, I didn't feel threatened. I know that spirits are not here to hurt us. Scare the heck out of us maybe, but not physically hurt us. I almost woke up my friends and started towards their room, but then I just couldn't bring myself to wake them up so I went and slept in the son's room. I did have a hard time falling back asleep.
    But it was a definete WOW experience and not one I wish to repeat.
    I was kind of surprised because when I watch Ghost Hunters I always felt like I would screm in terror if that had ever happened.

I was also hesitant to post about it as I know a lot of people are skeptical. I've had too many experiences with my parents that my mind has been changed over the years. But its still a subject that invites ridicule a lot of times. (although I think my parents know me well enough to know that I would freak if I actually "saw" them, so their "visits" have involved a feeling of presence and some actual moving of objects, but not manifestation and I have heard their voices)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I guess I want to believe that I would handle it in an "adult" manner, and I do believe that it's possible to have manefestations, but I still think I would scream like a little girl! I know that shortly before I was married, my dad visited me in a dream. He let me know a few of the things that would happen down the road. I was surprised that some of the things did happen. Who knows?

+ Reply to Thread