+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: what do you believe?

FORT Fanatic
    cali!

I do think it is quite funny that my Ouija board says that it is a registered trademark of Parker Brothers (it's written on it, it doesn't spell it out for me, ha ha).

Belief is a personal thing. Some find their truth through books, others through personal experience, and others through Ouija boards. If someone believes their Ouija board, it's certainly no stranger than some of the more commonly accepted beliefs out there. And I'll just leave it at that.

Originally posted by cali
    I am John Edwards.
    Good luck in the Democratic primaries.

Didn't mean to come off sounding preachy if I did. BTW, the bible also condemns eating shellfish, braiding your hair & wearing ornate jewelry. It also recommends the stoning death of any farmer who plants two crops in the same field. You have to take everything it says with a grain of salt. I was just throwing out a reference for those interested.

Princess
    I don't believe in anything that can't be scientifically proven.
    That being said, there are many unanswered questions regarding our existence and the universe, such as "where exactly is the universe, and what's outside it?", "do gravitons travel through an other dimension?", and "the spooky action at distance", so I like to keep an open mind.

For anyone interested in reading about the non-evidence of paranormal phenomenons and other related topics, I recommend a visit to the "Sceptic Ring" http://www.skepticnews.com/skeptic-ring/ Have fun!

Edited to add: BTW, do never underestimate the power of suggestion! I have experienced things that some ppl might have interpreted as a proof of "energy fields" or "universal powers", or "existence of spirits", but I know that it was just a matter of suggestion - that I allowed to happen at that particular time. The brain is truly amazing...
    Last edited by Modesty; 01-20-2003 at 08:01 PM.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay Bill, the Bull Durham quote was perfect!

And Jodaar, you didn't come off preachy at all. If someone took your comments that way, then they just don't know you very well.

One more Ouija board story. A friend of mine's grandmother has a very old wooden one. In high school my friend's dad asked it the name of the woman he would marry. It gave him a very obscure name - first and last name. Years later, he left the farm in Nebraska and joined the Navy. While stationed in Califoria, he met a woman with that name. Now, did he marry her because the board said he would, or because they fell in love? I don't know, but they've been married over 40 years.

That is wild, Wayner.

By the way, I can't seem to get that sorority night thing out of my head since I read that post. Totally freaked me out!

I'll never play with a ouija board again, and that's the truth.

that IS wild, wayner. i just love these stories...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fogey
    I believe that Science will someday prove what Faith has always known.

Originally posted by firegirl
    I believe that Science will someday prove what Faith has always known.
    but... whose faith?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fogey
    ha ha,, where do you place YOUR faith?

+ Reply to Thread