+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: what do you believe?

yeah, i was a little surprised that there wasn't some sort of thread like this on here, so i wasn't real sure if it was something that would go over very well. but, i am loving everyone's response. i would love to know what your wife experienced. i also had a terrible experience with a ouija board. the thing with those, though is that you really never know for sure if the other person wasn't moving it...

and, ghosts... it's funny because i totally understand where you're coming from, wayner... because i am so very intrigued by the paranormal and i read a lot of stuff by king and a lot of supposedly true accounts either in books or on the net. but, everytime something happens that i can't explain away, it just scares the hell out of me.

that being said, it should be a real interesting experience this spring when my husband and i go for an overnighter in the mansfield reformatory.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Originally posted by broken_pryncess
    it should be a real interesting experience this spring when my husband and i go for an overnighter in the mansfield reformatory.
    What is this place pryncess? I don't do anything that is scary, ever. I've never even gone to a haunted house on halloween. Also, you could never get me to watch horror flicks. I have seen one of those elm street movies. I still have nightmares about that. (no pun intended!)

And I agree Wayner, anything having to do with ghosts or demons scares the heck out of me. Too real, I guess. And yet, I also read Stephen King. Go figure

it's an old prison in mansfield, ohio. it is supposedly haunted. it has been used in several movies: the shawshank redemption, air force one and tango and cash. they have a "ghost hunting" tour that runs spring through fall. it's like 50.00 a person, and you go in the early evening and stay until like 6am. they only open the doors to let people out every hour on the hour. it should be really interesting. we're going on sat, april 26 - you can check out the site at http://www.mrps.org/index2.html
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    THANKS for this thread and all the stories.

I believe in heaven and hell also, but I also believe God sends souls back to earth. (I know I am complicated )

I wasn't going to share, cause I usually don't share this story.. but..
    I grew up in an old farm house. As an only child, I obviously roomed alone, and of course it was upstairs.. of course it was the only room upstairs (beside a storage room).
    anyway, I actually did share the room with a child's spirit, the house that previously stood on that farm burned and she was killed in it. She didn't bother me much during the day, but at night.. man. She was constantly clunking up and down the stairs and making the strangest scratching sounds in the roof.
    Lets just say I slept very little as a child. I still laugh that my mother said I needed so much sleep as a child, I would fall asleep on the bus Actually, I was trying to catch up. As a teen, I just understood her and she didn't keep me awake.

I am glad for all your stories, I don't find many others out there who like to share these kind of stories. Actually I have never gone looking, either.

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by glennajo
    Ewwwwwww! That creeps me out!

I have goose bumps on my legs, and it even gave me a little shiver.
    Do you know if the firefighter was killed on the job?
    No, he wasn't killed on the job, it was a car accident. Very sad, still.

Very sad Jill, I agree. I always wonder what makes some spirits want to hang around and make their presence known, while others do not. Unfinished business, tragic death? I guess we'll never know.

I definitely believe in paranormal stuff. My grandparents had a ghost in the attic of their old house. I really do think aliens exist too. We can't be alone in the whole, entire universe. If you ask me, I think the government is secretly hiding evidence of aliens.

FORT Fanatic
    glennajo, when we were playing with the Ouija in my haunted house, the ghost seemed not to know it was not "living" any more. It was really weird. I never felt threatened by the ghost, and it stopped waking me up at night once I started acknowledging it.

I talked to my mom about this topic, and she said her dead father has visited her. I've seen some weird stuff in my house, like people walking down the hall who weren't really there. Once I saw my dad walk into the office, so I went in there to talk to him but he wasn't there. I stood there for a minute thinking "huh?" and then he walked in the room. That was strange.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    BP, here is all the detail I've ever been able to get out of my wife on her Ouija board experience. When they were done, there was a girl from their sorority that had been laying on the bed asleep. She woke screaming "Why didn't you help me!" She said that while the Ouija had been going on that she had been getting thrown all over the room and none of the girls saw it, but she bruised up all over. They tried to burn the board, but it wouldn't burn, so they chopped it up with an axe and threw it away.

And apparenty my wife won't tell me the "scarey" part.

my god, wayner! that WASN'T the scarey part??? hmm... sure as hell scared me.

and, rox, there are a ton of resources on the net that deal with all of this kind of stuff. an absolute ton. i have always been interested in the paranormal - i'm always questioning what more there actually is that we aren't aware of. there are just too many stories out there for them ALL to be made up. and, as i've said i've had a few experiences myself.

jill - the thing with your dad kind of seems like the things that were happening with that friend i mentioned earlier. it is these kinds of things that reinforce my belief that it's not ghosts, but energy... because you can actually have unexplainable experiences revolving around someone who is still very much alive. my friend was, and still is (which is why we are not close any longer) very, very troubled. she also claims to have experienced "spooks" as she called them, but everyone who knows her and has been in her house alone (while she is gone) for any amount of time, has experienced a "spook" that appears to be her.

i just love these stories, guys. i'm really glad you're enjoying this thread. i'm kind of surprised at the response it has gotten: i kind of expected to be laughed at!

+ Reply to Thread