+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Games: Are you ready for Half-Life 2!

PC Games: Are you ready for Half-Life 2!

Half-Life 2 is scheduled for release on this Tuesday, Nov. 16. Is anyone else as excited for this game as I am?

I might have to finish my recap Monday night and disappear for about a week starting Tuesday night. ;-)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I know that this has nothing to do with Half Life 2, but I just bought Dance Dance Revolution for PS2 today. I totally splurged after hanging out at the arcade today with my nieces and nephew. I'm addicted to this game! We've been dancing all night.
    Ludicrous speed!

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    I know that this has nothing to do with Half Life 2, but I just bought Dance Dance Revolution for PS2 today. I totally splurged after hanging out at the arcade today with my nieces and nephew. I'm addicted to this game! We've been dancing all night.
    Ooooo...I really really reallyreally want to get this! He he! I don't have any of the current gaming devices etc. But...oh how I'd want to jive on this if I could. I'm curious, after seeing some people hop around on one in a bowling alley, does the crowd boo when a player messes up in this version? Evil game!! *smacks game*

And phat, as mentioned, I have no gaming device. Although I know one of my friends has disappeared from time to time to play the latest game release.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

All I know is that Counter-Strike Source is certainly not worth the $50 bucks! I played it a bit and all it upgraded was physics (oooh, you can shoot barrels, big deal), textures, and animations. I was expecting much more than upped textures and animations.

I'd much rather stick with the original CS.

I've heard HL2 is really good though. We shall see!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Ooooo...I really really reallyreally want to get this! He he! I don't have any of the current gaming devices etc. But...oh how I'd want to jive on this if I could. I'm curious, after seeing some people hop around on one in a bowling alley, does the crowd boo when a player messes up in this version? Evil game!! *smacks game*
    I have this game for the play station & it rocks, it's great exercise & so much fun at parties!!! It's excellent, at the beginning of the night everyone says "oh no, you won't see me on that thing" then when the beer starts flowing you can't keep people off it .... hee hee

And yeah...you do get BOOed when you suck and worse than that, he starts calling you a monkey .......

I look forward to Halo 2 for sure, Halflife is also very addicting so I do'nt know if I oughta stay away from Halflife 2....as sequels tend to be twice as addicting ....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

On behalf of two of my best friends (one of whom works at the company that makes Half Life 2 and the other of whom is his spouse), buy, buy, buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    I look forward to Halo 2 for sure, Halflife is also very addicting so I do'nt know if I oughta stay away from Halflife 2....as sequels tend to be twice as addicting ....
    Hm. Let's see: I like System Shock 2, Age of Empires II, Warcraft III (hey, it's a sequel, too), Diablo II, Jedi Knight II. You might have something there. Maybe it's because unlike films, the sequels to games you like are simply an extension of what you liked in the first combined with better graphics and more advances in gameplay.

On behalf of two of my best friends (one of whom works at the company that makes Half Life 2 and the other of whom is his spouse), buy, buy, buy.
    (Gasp) By two degrees of separation, I've had a brush with genius (dreamy voice). So...Mariner...are we...you know, still good for Nov. 16?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Hm. Let's see: I like System Shock 2, Age of Empires II, Warcraft III (hey, it's a sequel, too), Diablo II, Jedi Knight II. You might have something there. Maybe it's because unlike films, the sequels to games you like are simply an extension of what you liked in the first combined with better graphics and more advances in gameplay.
    You're definitely right about that...any extension of a game needs to be better in graphics, better adventures, bigger & better monsters, better treasure and in general tends to have a need to out-do its original game in pretty much every aspect... to the point where ya need to upgrade your computer every 3 or 4 extension lol ....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Just played two hours of it. Fantastic. I have never seen AI like the AI in this game.

Leo
    Premium Member
    How powerful does your PC have to be to run HL 2 decently?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast