+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC Games: Are you ready for Half-Life 2!

Sims 2, I love this game, except I need a better video card, or a new computer for it to run on the max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    How powerful does your PC have to be to run HL 2 decently?
    Here are the specs from the box.

Minimum System Requirements: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256 MB RAM, DirectX 7 graphics card, Windows 2K/XP/ME/98, 5.5 GB hard disk space, Internet connection (for registration, etc.)

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9 video card

My setup: 1.4 GHz Processor, 512 MB RAM, GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB video card. I have DirectX 9.0c. The Ti4200 is not a DX9 card, but it's running fine. HL2 prompted me to update my Nvidia drivers to the latest drivers, and I did. I'm doing XP SP2 with all updates and patches.

HL2 detected my hardware and, by default, has me at 1024 x 768 with medium settings and high settings. It plays fine! No one is more surprised than me.

The only slowdown I've been seeing are chapter-to-chapter loads. Otherwise, it's very playable.

I'll do some screenshots and post them the next time I play.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Glad to hear you like it!

Screenshots

From my computer (1.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, GeForce4 Ti4200, Santa Cruz sound card, DX9.0c, XP SP2, latest Nvidia graphics drivers)

#1: Autumn in Europe--the lazy dusks, wine and coffee at the cafes...and the oppressive alien overlords

#2: My ex makes an appearance in the background

#3: Black Mesa scientist and Alyx--We need your help...the Resistance... yadda yadda yadda

#4: Flying camera robots help set the oppressive mood--You are under constant surveillance and harassment

#5: Mess with the bull, get a faceful of exploding propane. That's the law.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phat32; 11-20-2004 at 10:26 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Leo
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the info, phat. At least now I'm fairly confident my PC will be able to handle the game very well, since it exceeds all of those specs comfortably.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12