+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Red Hat Society

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    There are times in ones life, that you are about to take a turn, walk down a path, open a door and you know that once you do, your life will never be the same.

That's how I felt, leaving the party, last night.
    Lambi, I'm like Texie and tend to cringe away from women's social groups, but I have to say it is so cool that you feel like you've found a home with that group. It sounds like a fabulous time.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Lambi, I'm like Texie and tend to cringe away from women's social groups, but I have to say it is so cool that you feel like you've found a home with that group. It sounds like a fabulous time.

Oh, believe me, AJane, I usually run like the wind when up against a "women's social group", because I've never fit into any of them.

One of the members I met last night, was telling me about this one R.H. chapter that her 86 year old mom belongs to, in Orange County, California. It's run like their Country Club, whereby you can NOT join unless you are "sponsored" by at least two of that chapters members and pass 'muster.' Fortunately, the mom got in initially, so she's safe but she told her 66 year old daughter that she'd never make it past the door if she tried to get into it now.

Supposedly, there are now 30,000 chapters of R.H. chapters...where, I don't know the extent of it. Possibly Europe, I'll guess. Like actual women, I'm sure the groups represent the good, bad and ugly of our sex.

I would never have joined if I felt that I was at a Lutheran Women's Guild meeting and I was required to bring green JELLO (TM) and a Tuna Noodle Casserole. It was the fact that we had every age from 25 to 68, City and Suburban, Partnered and Single, and Black, White and Asian that kept me interested.

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. It will be interesting to see how I feel in the months ahead.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234