+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Red Hat Society

I've never heard of The Red Hat Society before, but if I was in your area, lambikins, I'd be happy to accompany you as a "pink hat" friend!

The group you found sounds inclusive and fun; I am also a fan of costume play (I used to do Renn Faires) and have always had a particular love for hats. Plus, anyone can rock red and purple if they have the right attitude.

I know what you mean about the difficulties of getting all your friends together for group activities. It's near impossible these days, at least in my circle, where everyone seems to be scheduled up the ying yang or in far flung places. Of course, I love seeing my friends one-on-one too, but sometimes I do miss the energy of a group dynamic.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    I have always loved that poem! There is a group of red hat ladies that come into the restaurant where I work from time to time. They always seem to have a blast. My best friend & I joke about joining the group when we get old enough. Lambi, you simply must dish about this after your meeting. It sounds fascinating.
    Can't you join before 50? I thought I heard you could join as a pink hat.

Honestly, I thought red and purple looked horrible together, but it's starting to grow on me after seeing it so much.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    Can't you join before 50? I thought I heard you could join as a pink hat.

Honestly, I thought red and purple looked horrible together, but it's starting to grow on me after seeing it so much.
    Yes, I think I can be a "pink hat," which would probably be fun, but it seems so anti-dramatic (I think I made that word up ) in comparison to the red hats.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    Yes, I think I can be a "pink hat," which would probably be fun, but it seems so anti-dramatic (I think I made that word up ) in comparison to the red hats.
    Well, there is nothing to say you can't just wear purple with a red hat and just look silly!

It's all the rage here in Oregon, although the only demographic breakdown I've heard of is over or under 50. I don't know anyone who's a dues-paying member of a 'chapter', but my Mom goes to teas or something, and the ladies I sing barbershop with like to dress up. As someone who has 11 years to go before officially being 'red hat', I wear lavendar and spray painted a decorative straw hat in pink.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    !
    I vacillate about joining "groups", too, but it's pretty lonely for me, at times. I don't have a group at work, like "normal" people that I can do things with: my crew is 100% male and to top it off, they're all Hispanic. Yeah, we'll grab a beer together, or I get invited to a block party, but sometimes, a girl just needs GIRLS to hang with, so in my Male-Dominated job, there are times I just get...lonely.

!
    I know EXACTLY where you're coming from, I'm in just about the same boat...except I never hang out the guys outside of work, period : although they do all speak English (I HOPE that when you mentioned being Hispanic you're referring to a language barrier!) Besides that, since I got out of the horse-showing thing all my female friends have drifted away, except for my two sisters.
    I first saw the Red Hat thing a couple of years ago, and really wanted to check it out, but I'm not wearing any damn pink hat, so I guess I'll wait a few more years ! I think the closest group is a half hour away anyway, so when the time comes I might be stuck trying to form a new one!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My favorite colleague retired last year and was given a red hat to join this group with. She told me during her retirement festivities that I was welcome to join as a pink hat. Since I only have 3 years to go to graduate to red, it might be fun to get started now. I think I'll give her a call and find out the specifics. It would be nice to see her again.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I know EXACTLY where you're coming from, I'm in just about the same boat...except I never hang out the guys outside of work, period : although they do all speak English (I HOPE that when you mentioned being Hispanic you're referring to a language barrier!) Besides that, since I got out of the horse-showing thing all my female friends have drifted away, except for my two sisters. !
    That's exactly what I mean, queenb, but also cultural, too. Only my crew foreman speaks English (he and I have worked together for over 20 years!!!) and the remainder of our workers are his relatives, so he holds total control over them, which makes for very few problems, at work. But, aside from language, it's also Cultural. I can't talk to them and ask, "Say, what did you think about Moore's 9/11?" or "Who are you choosing for American Idol?" They just don't get it. They are very happy listening to Spanish-Speaking radio and TV stations, so I don't even have that "water-cooler" aspect of work camaraderie. And just to say, I wouldn't trade in my guys for ANYTHING!!! They rock!

I have loads and loads to say about last night; it lasted 4 hours and I didn't arrive back home until close to midnight. Now, I need to work all day, so it'll be a good 7-8 hours before I can recap what went on.

In one word: Frellin'Fantastic!!!!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Ive never heard of them till i started working at Dillards in Louisville. There was always a display for the Red Hat Ladies. Of cource when i started working there i was completly cluless and wondering why we had such hidious displays up but after a while it was cool. I loved it when the ladys would come in to shop for their next outing. They were always so full of Energy it made my job fun trying to find a good outfit for someone that was purple in the middle of winter

I love seeing this group of women walking around town. They look so cute in their red and purple!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast