+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving Blood

Giving Blood

Just a quick little PSA...the Red Cross is very low on blood. At work we postponed a blood drive because our office is in the middle of moving but the Red Cross called and begged us to hold the drive because here in SE Michigan blood supplies are down to almost nothing. They can't go and borrow from other areas because they are low too. So many people can't donate blood due to travel restrictions, tatoos and other reasons that if you can...Please give blood. For each unit collected the Red Cross can help 3 people because they break the blood down.

Thank you for your time and I gotta get back to checking out the new postings.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

oh...
    that's really bad..
    i really wish i can help...
    i hope many people have already gone to donate their blood by the time i post this...
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

I was supposed to go last week, and the day came and went and I completely missed it! I was so upset.

I will do it as soon as possible though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm going to try at our drive but they have turned me down before because my blood pressure is too high. I do have high blood pressure but I think I get nervous waiting to give blood and it goes sky high because it's never that high when my own doctor checks it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'm not allowed to give blood in Canada because I used to live in the UK and they're concerned that I might be a mad cow

It's a shame really as I used to go regularly and would certainly have given blood here if permitted.
    "That's Numberwang!"

You mean you're not, fluff?

I have a tattoo.

FORT Fogey
    I have ab- they call when they need it,, but then usually say I don't weigh enough to give it!

I have 2 tattoos, but I guess I got them long enough ago that they are not concerned

gee... it has been 18 years

Well I did it!!!!!!!!!!!! I made it through the blood pressure part with flying colors. Almost died at the finger prick and had to actually have someone hold my hand so I wouldn't bolt from the room while they were putting the needle in....but I donated today. (The Red Cross got 15 units which will help 45 people in the couple days)

Fantastic Nancy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast