+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your own death

i think the frightening part is not when i'm the one dying..
    it's when i lose somebody i love
    it'll be ok for me if i were to die the next day
    i just hope my death will be painless
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Originally posted by joeguy
    but how will you be sure that you forgot and can't remember what you promised you would not forget and forgot to remember those things you swore never to forget? huh? huh?
    Actually people who have strokes and losememory from it or people in the early stages of Alzheimer's Dementa do realise they are forgetting things. I was interviewing one lady at the hospital trying to find her a place to live and she told me she had 4 children, I asked her their names and she started to cry because she couldn't remember their names. I don't want that for me, it's too hard for everyone involved.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by broken_pryncess
    ok - now i have to stop or i'm gonna cry.
    It is hard to think of, I'm 40 and I still like having my mother around to talk to. I'm lucky in that I had a grandmother until I was 28 and a grandfather until I was 34. Both of my parents are still alive and it is painful to think of them dying. But I hope it's quick when they do, I would rather have to deal with the schock of them being gone, then have them deal with the pain of a long illness.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    nlmcp. how did you even follow what i posted, it took me three tries to do that...............but i know what you mean, I'm 45 and still got my folks, when they go, that will be weird not to talk to them again, but overseas work does prepare you abit for it as it was hard to get back if they were ill and you had to be aware that they may not be there when you came home.

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Huggers to you all who shared such deep stories. Sorry to bring pain to the surface, but I really think it is good to get things/thoughts like that off your mind.

peace out,
    Rox

Originally posted by shersidhe
    you know, i always thought i would die in my 20s. i used to have very vivid dreams about dying.

i didn't. i'm 32. and i don't really think about dying so much... and if i knew i was going to die, i feel confident that i have my heart and soul right.

what bothers me, even being 32, is the loss of my parents. i have lost grandparents and great grandparents and aunts and uncles and i was fine, but the idea of not being able to pick up the phone and talk to my mom about whatever whenever really bothers me.

ok... i'm going to make myself cry.
    I know what you mean Sid.
    My parents were fixing to leave for home this weekend and I have no shame in admitting I begged them to stay a little longer.

jin
    Well, I have to say I'm finding a WIDE variety of interesting topics in this forum so far. This particular on has me reflecting on how my priorities have changed over time. I know that I never want to let one moment pass by that I should have said "I love you" or given a hug and a kiss to my kids, and I only worry about my death in regard to leaving them without me. I won't waste my time being morbid and dreading the inevitable, but I am much more aware of how precious life is now, than I was in my wilder youth.
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

Originally posted by joeguy
    nlmcp. how did you even follow what i posted, it took me three tries to do that...............

Just shows all my little brain cells are still working

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by nlmcp
    Just shows all my little brain cells are still working
    touche my friend

I don't like to think about death, I would much rather enjoy life. As you get older, you start to think about death in a whole new prospective. I am not afraid of death but I am afraid of the people I will leave behind and who will take care of them, etc. Still, I would much rather enjoy every moment I have with my family and friends than to worry about death. When it comes, I guess I will just deal with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast