+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your own death

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    i wonder what will happen when the dirt nap time comes. will i go easy? peaceful? or terrible.? will I know ? is there an after life, will survivor be in it? will they have nascar?..........just too many points to ponder!

I just want to die before my mind goes. I would prefer to live to be old and grey but I don't want to be confused and not remember my life and loved ones.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by nlmcp
    I just want to die before my mind goes. I would prefer to live to be old and grey but I don't want to be confused and not remember my life and loved ones.
    but how will you be sure that you forgot and can't remember what you promised you would not forget and forgot to remember those things you swore never to forget? huh? huh?

Originally posted by nlmcp
    That's what I always think too. I think it's too scary to lose your mind or become senile. Like, you are not conscious of life anymore. I try not to think about death. Too morbid.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Actually, I'm not worried at all about death
    I am not worried either. Just thinking about it is all.....

Interesting stuff here.

you know, i always thought i would die in my 20s. i used to have very vivid dreams about dying.

i didn't. i'm 32. and i don't really think about dying so much... and if i knew i was going to die, i feel confident that i have my heart and soul right.

what bothers me, even being 32, is the loss of my parents. i have lost grandparents and great grandparents and aunts and uncles and i was fine, but the idea of not being able to pick up the phone and talk to my mom about whatever whenever really bothers me.

ok... i'm going to make myself cry.

hmm... well, i for one will admit that i am, indeed worried. i don't know, i guess i just think way too much. i don't sit around and think about death or anything, but there are some times, really trivial moments when i am not even doing anything spectacular and stuff will just hit me. it's like, i can be driving in my driveway, and look at my house and just think, "who will live there in 25 years? 50 years? 100? will it even be there?" or i can be sitting in the living room, and all of a sudden for no real reason at all it will occur to me that everything and everyone that i love will, one day, be gone. that everything that seems so important to us right now in this very moment will, one day, not even be remembered by anyone. or sometimes, it will just hit me that i am going to die someday, and that i could leave my husband or my son. and, i have had these thoughts kind of bouncing around in the back of my head since 9/11 i guess. it's kind of odd, because it made me really appreciate the small, yet very important stuff in my life. but, at the same time, it made me realize just how insignificant we all are in the scheme of things. i guess i just wonder too much about where we're all headed, and i feel that we are, in several ways, slowy destroying everything meaningful to live for.

ah! i'm sorry. i had no intention of going on such a tangent. and, i'm not sure that this post will make any sense to anyone, but there you have it. make of it what you will.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Originally posted by shersidhe

ok... i'm going to make myself cry.
    you know... you're right. this is one depressing thread! not at all what i expected when i logged on a little bit ago. but, i completely understand the parent thing. i cannot even imagine. i'm 29, but i was sort of an "oops". my parents thought they were done, but instead there i was - showing up really late in the game. so, my parents are a lot older than most people my age. christ - they are older than my husband's grandparents! and, their health is not very good. and i just really have a hard time with even the thought of losing them.

ok - now i have to stop or i'm gonna cry.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

for princess. go find a happy thread.

FORT Fanatic
    My death will be a thing of beauty; at once an unspeakable tragedy and an affirmation of all things that must follow the natural order. The world will at the same time sing for joy and weep in grief contemplating the blazing example of truth that was my life; that once it was shared with the universe, and that by the laws of nature it must come to an end. I will be immortal in the eyes of all that witnessed the time in which I walked upon the earth, and I will rise to become a legend to all who come after.

(I can believe this all I like. After I die, I'll be dead, so I will never know for sure )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast