+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ft. Myers, Fl? Any Tourist Advice?

An update for y'all that had advice for me....

We have booked our trip to the gulf coast of Florida. We will be flying into Tampa, renting a car and staying in Tampa for the night. Then heading to Siesta Key for 2 days and 2 nights there. After that, we will drive down to Ft. Myers, enjoy the beach for a few hours, and then head to the airport to return to the mountains.

I really can't wait. I used to say I would never go to Florida again.....it just seemed too hot, humid, Senior Citizen, tourist BS-y, and just plain lame for what I like to do. However, since I have never really been on a tropical vacation in my adult life, and it seems cheap and easy to go to Florida, as well as the fact that my girlfriend found such a seemingly great place to go and try to live the Corona commercials, I am now retracting all previous statements I have made. Yes, I am flip-flopping in light of being able to wear flip flops on the beach!

Now all I need is a machine that will make time go faster until we get there....and then slower until its time to leave..........
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

When are you heading down this way MrDob? The weather right now is near perfect so hopefully it's soon! Today was one of the most beautiful days yet, mostly sunny with a few small showers (that came and went in minutes) and a nice cool breeze in the air. Actually our weather last Nov and Dec was really great...nothing like spending Christmas day in a short sleeve t-shirt.

Sounds like a great plan, Mrdob! Enjoy yourself!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12