+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk turkey....

I usually make the stuffing....bread stuffing with apples, celery, onions, and craisins.

The big recipe is Corn Souffle. Can of Corn, Can of Cream corn, 1 stick of butter, a big dollop of Sour cream, and a box of corn muffin mix. Yummy!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I have a question...How do you baste the turkey if it is in an oven bag?
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

If it is in a bag it sort of bastes itself.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned deep frying the turkey. My son did that last year at Christmas. It was good.

Last year we did a rosemary maple turkey that turned out amazing so we will probably do it again this year.

I am not a big fan of stuffing the turkey with stuffing but instead eating it on the side. I LOVE stuffing, and eat the left overs weeks after Thanksgiving.

In addition we like to have corn, mashed potatos, cornbread, and cranberry sauce.

I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned deep frying the turkey. My son did that last year at Christmas. It was good.
    It's great Unklescott. It's also really dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I always see one or two stories the day after Thanksgiving about some moron(s) who managed to burn down their house.

The problem with deep-frying is you don't get that wonderful deep, rich gravy that comes with roasting. By the way, as Monica and Ross discovered, a piece of bread soaked in gravy is a great "moistmaker" for turkey sandwiches.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Oh I've always wanted to taste that. I don't think we know enough to do it though, and we'd probably end up being one of those familes on the news Mariner was just talking about!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Oh I've always wanted to taste that. I don't think we know enough to do it though, and we'd probably end up being one of those familes on the news Mariner was just talking about!
    I'm sure Mr Snowie could handle it. It's simple, really. You just buy one of the deep fryer pots, hook up a propane tank to it, fill it with peanut oil, attach the turkey to the rack it comes with, lower it in the oil, and let her cook. He seasoned the turkey with one of those injectors.

I buy organic, brine, and cook it for the first hour or so, breast side down, and then flip it over. I use Mark Bittman's How To Cook Everything ( the only cook book I have, but it's great ) Use about 2/3r of a cup of water as well, and a meat thermometer. I've never cooked dressing inside the turkey, too paranoid about salmonella poisoning. Pine nuts in the stuffing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast