+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Turducken

Re: Turducken

Last year, one of my friends confused turducken with tofurkey. I had to blink and stare at her when she said "turducken... you know, what vegans eat at Thanksgiving." Turducken is the complete opposite of a vegetarian food lol. So this got a running joke of "a hummingbird in a quail in a cornish game hen in a chicken in a duck in a turkey in a vulture in a jet plane in a pteradactyle" in our group of friends.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

SuperBrat, you left out a very important ingredient--the Ostrich
    I saw some articles about the Tofurkey, and to me that just sounds plain nasty.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2689239;
    SuperBrat, you left out a very important ingredient--the Ostrich
    I saw some articles about the Tofurkey, and to me that just sounds plain nasty.
    I have a friend that eats tofurkey. Her family no longer goes to her house for Thanksgiving. Seriously.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

For our employee Christmas party I want to get a turducken. Problem is I'm having a hard time finding one. I want to buy one already cooked that I can go pick up but all I can find are frozen online.
    If anyone in the Birmingham AL area knows where I can get one please let me know!

I'm in the Birmingham area too. I've never seen a Turducken in any grocery or deli around here. I did a quick search and found this site:

BirminghamMenus.com - Birmingham, Alabama's best restaurant dining guide.

I didn't look at all of the menus, but quite a few of them said that they would be willing to prepare whatever you wanted. You might want to check that out. Also, maybe giving Whole Foods (on 280) a call is a good idea. Good luck!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I actually saw frozen turducken in WalMart Super Center, of all places. It was $49.99. I wasn't interested in getting one, but did remember this thread.

FORT Newbie

Really did it look good??? I've always wanted to try one but it looks like so much work.

QueenB you rock!! I just called our local super walmart and they have them for $25. I never would have thought to check there. The butcher said the big ones are seasonal but they keep the smaller turducken roll year round. I am so happy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2713708;
    QueenB you rock!! I just called our local super walmart and they have them for $25. I never would have thought to check there. The butcher said the big ones are seasonal but they keep the smaller turducken roll year round. I am so happy.
    I'm going to have to check out our Walmart. We've always wanted to try one, but the cost was $75 on all the ones I've found over the years.

$25 is a great price for Christmas dinner.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Now I have a strange urge to try the turducken too.. but have already promised to do the turkey again. Maybe next year I'll surprise the family with one, or get the small one just to try sometime. .
    I saw a demonstration of a chef boning and preparing a turducken on TV--I can tell you right noe that I'd never finish the job, but this guy did the boning part in 15 minutes. (Of course it was cut shorter for TV, but he said 15) I'm thinking, yeah, even if you are capable of neatly boning whole poultry without getting ill, I'm sure most of us would never get enough praqctice to do it in less than a few hours. I'll leave tis to the pros.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast