+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Turkey & Gravy Flavored Soda?

Turkey & Gravy Flavored Soda?

Jones Soda Co. Launches Five New Holiday Flavors
    http://www.jonessoda.com/files/turkey04.html

Seattle, WA, U.S.A. – Jones Soda Co. (the "Company" or "Jones Soda" or "Jones"), announces today its limited edition holiday pack of five new seasonal flavors which includes: Green Bean Casserole Soda, Mashed Potato & Butter Soda, Fruitcake Soda, Cranberry Soda and Turkey & Gravy Soda.

"Our holiday pack takes the work, worries and cost out of preparing a turkey dinner, so our consumers can spend more time with their loved ones. We even included utensils," says Peter van Stolk, President & C.E.O. "We realized consumers are concerned about the 2,000 calories that each full holiday meal contains. That’s why we made our sodas zero calories and zero carbs. Now, you can enjoy all the mashed potatoes and butter without worrying about the carbs."

______________________________ ______________________________ _____

All I have to say about this is

NOT!

I think I'll pass on this liquid feast!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Actually, if I can get my hands on them, I'm going to give them a try! I saw this on the news last night and my first reaction was, "Now where, in Chicago, can I buy this!!!"

I've tried every single soda they make, and also other weird stuff like celery-flavored soda and elderberry fizz.

I figure, I've got my eyes open in regards to how it could taste; I was sabotaged with that damn Spaghetti Jam that my friend served me! Now THAT was barf worthy.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

It sounds really disgusting and I don't think it's something I would ever try.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Actually, if I can get my hands on them, I'm going to give them a try!
    I was thinking the same thing lambi! We sell Jones soda in my deli, but I've yet to see the holiday flavors available for me to order. I'd do it just for the heck of it to say that I'd tried it, even if I do end up throwing it away. It was major talk on the radio and tv here yesterday and go tme all interested, now only if they'd have said where in Orlando you could get 'em darnit.

lambikins, how did the celery flavored soda taste? Was it horrid or not so bad?

Oh, it was sheer delight, BlondieGirl! Really! And this is coming from a person who picks every piece of celery out of her beef stew!

I gave a can of it to a friend who is addicted to celery, the vegi, and he drank it in ONE gulp!

Naturally, any new taste is an acquired taste...even Coke, when you're a baby. It's just our prejudices as to 'how' we associate certain flavours to be delivered that prevent us from enjoying them in new presentations.

I have found that the majority of Americans will only accept: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cinnamon as flavors.

I was raised by Europeans, and my S.O. is also European, and they just have such a more developed palate. Flavors such as Rose Water, Orange Water and Rosemary and Lavender are used to flavor wonderful things abroad: candy, cookies, whip cream, etc. I made Lavender Shortbread cookies once, and she and I devoured them. I gave some to some friends, and they wouldn't even try them, claiming they "smelled like perfume." So did vanilla, if you were from the 1800's, when ladies used it to scent themselves.

As my partner says, "Why do Americans have to ruin things by either putting cinnamon or cheese on everything!???

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

It puts soda in a whole new perspective.

Wow, you are so right about the cin. and cheese...My hubby says the same thing and he is from India. In India, they flavor some things with rose and you would think it would be horrible but its not.

The lavender cookies sound terrific, lambikins.

Oh yeah, one of my Japanese friends used to say that cheese smells and that is why she cant eat it. Food is cultural and our acceptance of certain foods is too.

One of my British friends says Americans have peanut butter in everything!

See what you started, Unk?!

The lavender shortbread IS ambrosia! It's wonderful with British tea, like Tetley's British Blend or Scottish Blend. As the cookies age, they taste more and more like lavender, yet they are never overpowering.

Plus, they look so pretty: pale ivory with purple flecks, from the flowers of the lavender.

One of my favorite candies is Turkish Delight: a chewy confection that is flavoured with rose and dipped in powdered sugar. I find it HERE in Greek areas; in the U.K. it's sold everywhere, including newspaper stands.

And BlondieGirl: at least, for your 'location' you didn't put cinnamon as one of the spices you were smelling! Maybe, to honor your husband, you could add "cardamom" to that location, too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast