+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

I would love to get a trip to Hawaii and a Louis Vuitton bag for Christmas!

But to be realistic (darn it!) a pair of noise canceling headphones, cozy black and white turtleneck sweaters, Oceans 11 DVD (can't wait for Oceans 12 to come out), and silver earrings and/or bracelet.

I also like to ask for subscriptions to magazines like Real Simple and In Style, I love to keep getting the gift all year long, it's so nice!

For our family gift this year I bought a game called Apples to Apples and we couldn't wait till Christmas, we got it out last night and played until 12:30 in the morning! It's a very fun game, on sale at Target right now for the party edition, I highly recommend it for a great family game.

Here's a link: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00008W72Q
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I really want a watch but won't get it. Watches only run on me a short time and then die. I want a Mickey Mouse one that has a gold face. My daughter in law used to have one and I so wanted that watch. I think she still has it in her jewelry box somewhere.
    i had a watch like that, it was great and ran a long time for me. i used to have the same problem with watches as you said, i learned to take the watch before i ever wore it and coat the back with a few coats of clear nail polish. Paint the back and let it dry completely and then do that 3 or 4 times. i did it every few months. i learned if the metal did not come in direct contact with my skin then the watch would keep running. You might try it and see if it helps for you. Have you hinted that you want the watch. i had to hint ALLOT that i wanted it. i have the Winnie The Pooh one like it now, i like Pooh better...
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

I want a new computer with all the trimmings.

Since my husband hates the internet and hates when I'm on it, all I can do is dream. (Sigh)

But I keep asking for and am hoping against hope for a printer. I've never had one and even he has to admit I could really use one. One that did photos would be nice, too.

I've had all my family items on layaway at Wally World for months. Spent wayyyy too much, but over 5 months, it really only works out to $200... a month

I got the one year old the baby Leap pad and books, most of the Fisher Price baby toys and extended the age to 2 years (Heck, I know full well the 4 year old will be playing with it more, so much the better...)

The 4 year old is getting a portable DVD player (we spend a lot of time in the car, but it will be forbidden when we are AT our camp. The whole point of camp, as much as it pains me, is to get away from all the technology)
    And on that note, I got her some card games and board (bored? ) games. Also a CD played for the car, a keyboard, a Ballet DVD and barre I saw on Nick Jr, and some DVD movies. She is also getting the school age Leap Pad and accessories.
    Bless her heart, her list to Santa is "A pink pony and a race car."
    Done.

Hubby is getting the new ultra deluxe fryer, the most expensive one I could find, a new phone/answering system (yeah, thats really for me) and a new DVD/VHS system (yeah, that is really for the kids.) I'm also getting him a car starter, but I have no idea of I'll have to have someone install it (I suppose he could) or how much it costs. But since I use his car for my overnight work, the gift is really for me, as well.
    Come to think of it, since he cooks, the fryer is really for me, too.
    Guess I'll get him a tie, too.

I'm thinking of getting him a DVD set, too. Either Star Wars or Indiana Jones or something macho like that

The rest of my family gets together in Cape Cod on Martin Luther King Jr weekend, so I'll be hitting the after Christmas sales for them... thank God.

TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

ugh I just finished shopping for hubby and now he tells me that he wants a propane deep fryer ... so he can make a turkey??? LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    ugh I just finished shopping for hubby and now he tells me that he wants a propane deep fryer ... so he can make a turkey??? LOL
    Wal Mart, $35 I think
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

he wants this:
    are they really that cheap???

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    applesauce reminded me of somthing. I'd love to have a Kitchenaid mixer. Those things are expensive but they last forever. I'll get one someday.
    Sleepy, I've had mine since I got married 8 1/2 years ago (wedding present to self ) and use it all the time. One of my very favorite kitchen items and worth every penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    he wants this:
    are they really that cheap???
    Hmmm.... I didn't really look at the $35 model that close, but it looks similar.... give me a minute....
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Not even close....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3294074

$75 but maybe they will be on sale after Christmas, or does that defeat the vision of turkeys dancing in his head Christmas Eve?
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Nope we are Ukranian so a Jan 6 present is acceptable!

actually I found one on eBay for $35 plus $20 shipping.. it's an awesome deal and there are 12 available

+ Reply to Thread