+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I just have to share that I bought the silliest gift for a friend of mine off EBay the other day....a freakin 8 foot tall inflatable light up (yard decor) SpongeBob Squarepants

Libs-give up SpongeBob now and we won't tell the authorities anything as to how you found him...apparently he was stolen for ransom.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/biz...sn_sponge.html
    11/24/04) Have you seen this sponge?

Police are looking for a a blow-up figure of SpongeBob SquarePants swiped from a Minnesota Burger King. They've found a ransom note which starts off: "We have SpongeBob." It then demands, "Give us ten Crabby Patties, fries and milkshakes."

The ransom note is signed by SpongeBob's nemesis, Plankton. A postscript reads: "Patrick is next," referring to SpongeBob's cartoon friend.

At a southeast Utah Burger King, vandals made off with a six-by-ten-foot balloon of Spongebob.

Employees are handing out "Missing" fliers with a full description of the popular cartoon figure -- featured in a new movie.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

ok .. my daughter begged Santa for a camera. I thought I was being really smart by buying her a Barbie digital camera .. I will never have to put out money for film or developing. The only problem is that I WANT IT! LOL
    I have been a bad mom! Playing with her camera all under the guise of 'figuring out the software in time for Christmas morning'
    tsk tsk tsk shame on mommy.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

i think i am done with the shopping now, the kids are shopped for the bf is shopped for, i am going to actually get a picture made with my bf for my mom and his parents. I HATE HAVING MY PICTURE TAKEN. My mom has been after me for yrs to get her a new picture because the last one she has was when i got married (quite a few yrs ago). My bfs parents have everything they want except a newer picture of their son, his mom loves pictures, so we think that is a good gift idea for all of them. We will buy nice frames to put them in. Anyway, i think it is all done.
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

that's an excellent gift BJB. We did that a few years ago for my inlaws and they just loved it.

About 10 years ago now me, my brothers and 4 cousins met at a photo studio and had our picture taken together as a gift for our mutual grandparents. My grandmother cried her eyes out when she opened the box.

Santa is done purchasing for the applesauce household. My son is getting a telescope, a 3 foot tall space shuttle that you build and it shakes and shudders as thought it's blasting off, and a kids atlas. My daughter is getting this very cute soft doll that comes with a suitcase of dress up clothes and shoes for the doll. She is very into putting clothes on and taking them off right now. mr. applesauce is getting a heart monitor watch for his running, a vintage shoe shine box, a first edition of his favorite series of kids sports books from the late 40's/early 50's and a few accoutrements for his ipod.

What do I want? A Wolf dress form with collapsible shoulders, a 3 qt. All Clad sauce pan with the double boiler insert and the steamer basket. I'm always happy to receive vintage fabrics, trays and other items to add to my collections. we celebrate the holiday with my husbands family and everyone is super creative about their gifts. It's always a pleasant surprise to see what people have purchased.

Hope you all have fun giving and receiving!

applesauce I got a dress form used a few years ago and it was almost $100! Good luck with your Wolf!!

hmmm..... that brings a question to mind. Do you prefer useful or frivilous gifts? Do you get ticked off if hubby gets you an appliance?

I told Mr Dux outright... I need more French White Corningware and I won't be mad if I find them under the tree

I actually love to receive appliances and such for Christmas gifts! Every year I get at least one kitchen item. I love to cook and bake but haven't felt up to it much lately. When my son was born, my husband bought me this super expensive stainless blender because our old one was on the blitz and he knew I wanted to do the home made baby food thing. I was thrilled with it and made tons of baby food (and margharitas for me) over the years.

My current Amazon list has several new kitchen gadgets that I "need".

My daughter asked me what I wanted and I told her I wanted new Long underwear...... you would of thought I said I wanted to dress in women's clothing with the look she stabbed me with.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I really want a watch but won't get it. Watches only run on me a short time and then die. I want a Mickey Mouse one that has a gold face. My daughter in law used to have one and I so wanted that watch. I think she still has it in her jewelry box somewhere. That's all I want besides the cd's that my older son sent me the other day. I have eight cd's that he put together with all music I like. Yesterday morning I drove around before day light, in the ran and played cd's and sang with them.
    I don't like for others to get me clothes. They may THINK that they know my taste but the back of my closet knows better.
    About the household gifts. My mother in law used to get me some little household trinket and buy my husband a real gift. I always felt that he got two things and I got a half one. My in law kids get the same amount that the blood kids do.
    Oh yes, bought myself a gift today. Clay Akiens christmas cd.

applesauce reminded me of somthing. I'd love to have a Kitchenaid mixer. Those things are expensive but they last forever. I'll get one someday.

My father gets me one nice item every year. This year it's a TiVo.

I usually buy myself something nice for the holidays, but I haven't decided on what to get. I was thinking about a digital camera, or maybe some DVDs. Maybe I should go ahead and get that mixer.

+ Reply to Thread