+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Great idea Haejin!

I could start one if somebody directed me towards the thread from last year.
    Just found it: Wanted: FORT members to share in the Secret Santa 2003.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Looking through last year's thread many people were either too far away or not able to give out their adress.

Maybe an e-exchange gift giving. In that case there would be no price cap.

Anybody interested?

Not to bah humbug anybody else's gift exchange plans, but I, personally, am not a fan of the whole Secret Santa thing. I just have zero luck with it, like back when I was a kid I got a used jump rope and then later I got a dirty purse.

Anyway, not to say that others won't have a wonderful time with it, so good luck to you if there are others who want to participate. :santasmil
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Catt
    I haven't seen a Rubic's Cube in years.
    Just saw them at WalMart over the weekend in the toy section.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    I love giving gifts. I put a lot of thought and time into a gift. Usually it has a theme. Most of the time I'll match the wrapping to the gift too. I'm a dork.
    Char -- you and I sound EXACTLY the same. I used to love picking out the perfect gift(s) and wrapping them as beautifully as possible. I have a storage container for all my wrapping paper and a 4-tiered storage unit filled with every color of ribbons, bows, tulle (used kind of like ribbon), mirrorized and iridescent shred (to either use inside as packaging or outside the gift as decoration), oh... and all the gadgets that go with it -- to shred and curl the ribbon, etc... :santasmil

This year will be slim to none in giving gifts. As for what's on *my* gift list... all I want is the assisted technology equipment I need to go back to work. I've already been approved for the equipment, it's just a slow process from the "approval" to actually "getting it".

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Also, my husband can be a little -y sometimes and loves anything that requires some analytical-type thinking. I'd love to get him a rubix cube. Remember those? Any idea where I might find one that's not used or in a museum? I also love to buy him clothes and shoes - he's like my own personal dress up doll!
    I just threw one away, along with an instruction manual. Shows how often i do house cleaning, huh?

What a pity, mkwdood. Next time, Honey, go straight to eBay!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I just have to share that I bought the silliest gift for a friend of mine off EBay the other day....a freakin 8 foot tall inflatable light up (yard decor) SpongeBob Squarepants I swear my friend has everything there is to be had so I tried to think of something completely ridiculous, yet something that he'd like (yeah, he's got a SpongeBob obsession as of late). Absolutely absurd gift, but I'm sure he's gonna love it.

That's awesome, Libs, I love off-the-wall, quirky gifts like that!

I saw a couple of things yesterday that are at the top of my list. A Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young box set and The Complete Far Side 2 volume set of every Far Side cartoon ever done . Sweet, very sweet. Both at Sams Club at a good price.

+ Reply to Thread