+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Anybody on my list will be getting a Moshi. It is the greatest thing invented.

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family

I want one too!

I would love a trip to Disney World with my kids.

Other then that, I don't really care. A white blouse and a black short sleeve sweater as I don't have either right now. A new pair of very dark blue jeans.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Anybody on my list will be getting a Moshi. It is the greatest thing invented.

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family

threadjack

AIW - those were on Rebel Billionaire last night

*runs out to check mail for early Christmas gift package*

end-threadjack
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Tig, a Le Creuset Enamel Cast Iron pot is the best cooking device I've ever bought. They're expensive, but worth it.
    Word!! My mum has one. They are friggin' expensive though (what quality cookware isn't?). But durable, oh yes.

I'm not particularly lacking in anything except perhaps a new winter coat, so I'd like that. But there's enough in my bank account for me to treat myself to it, without obliging anyone else. I doubt I'll be getting much from my folks this year, as they've already chipped in a huge amount towards buying my overseas grandparents a new flat in proximity to their area hospital (a big issue for two people wracked with various sorts of illness. )

I'm sure I'll be getting gag gifts aplenty from friends and acquaintances, though!

I've already bought my present for mum - a hobo dot noel handbag from Kate Spade that was on sale, and Jacques Pepins Fast Food My Way - but my dad's still a problem. He doesn't like people to buy clothes or accessories for him, hates golf, is not in any way mechanically or automotively(?)-inclined, and is a luddite like me. Exhausting all the usual options, really. Same problem every year.

It will be so easy getting presents for friends. Books, books, books! I'm startlingly unoriginal and lazy but at least I'm consistent. So what if they call me the worst gift-giver. Hey, you want that copy of I am Charlotte Simmons or not? If you don't want it, give it back to me, mmmkay?

My fantasy wish list:
    - a boyfriend
    - a million dollars

My more realistic wish list:
    - all the Sex and the City DVDs
    - um... and other stuff

I'll see if I can find a millionaire boyfriend who will give you the Sex & the City DVDs and other stuff, Sleepy.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Word!! My mum has one. They are friggin' expensive though (what quality cookware isn't?). But durable, oh yes.
    My brother is all about the Le Creuset--he won't cook on anything else. It is, indeed, the best in terms of durability and heat conduction (I guess, because I'm actually not much of a cook truth be told ). Last Christmas I found a nice casserole pot from Williams Sonoma in Flame (that's the color of his set, and that's Flame not Red :rolleyes), and it set me back a pretty penny. But hey, I love that brother of mine and his superior cookware--plus he's always kind enough to cook something for us in it anyway.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm not good at making up christmas lists. So it's good to come to this thread and get ideas. First of all, I want to go home to Denmark, but I will get that wish because I'm buying a ticket. Second I just want to spend time with my family and friends back home, and I'll get that wish too. Presents: gadgets are always good, and DVD's and games. But honestly, presents are not very high on my list of christmas wishes.

Last year I took some friends out for Christmas dinner, that was my gift, and we had a great time. It was a completley stress free Christmas, no one had to spend any time in the kitchen ( though I do like to cook ) the restaurant was decorated for the season and it was so much fun.

My list is: Jerseys, CD's, DVD's and an iPod. (I was going to buy the iPod, but I am instead buying a ton of pepsi bottles so I can try and win it on-line. If I don't I should be buying it within the month anyways.) I would ask for stuff for my car but my dad would slap me and tell me its a waste of money. He's right, but I don't care. I am buying something for my parents, brother and cousin. I don't know what yet, but they will get something...where can I buy lumps of coal?

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    ...where can I buy lumps of coal?
    One lump or two?

+ Reply to Thread