+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I'd love a brand new computer, but I will settle for an upgrade (new harddrive and memory). Thanks mom! My son is getting playstation 2 among some other goodies (clothes, games, etc).

Although money is short in our household, I know I am more fortunate than some. I feel guilty that my son and I have a wonderful family who provide us with many things in life, so I would hope that all families could have something that they really need under their trees.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    My mother-in-law just gave us our Christmas present...She paid for our whole house to get hard wood floors...so awfully generous...It looks gorgeous...its a light oak..and wide plank...We finally got to put the last of the furniture back on...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Snowy,
    Kitchen Aid Mixers are the best. Baking is 20 times easier with one. As others have said, they also last for ever. My mother has one my father bought her as a Christmas present 30 years ago. It's outlasted their marriage by 20 years. Costco often carries them if you have trouble finding a good after Christmas deal on one.
    Wonder if I should invest in a new mixer. I also got my little hand mixer for a wedding present, in 1958. The mixer has been a great one. The marriage was crap.
    My son has a KitchenAid and he loves using it. I have thought of getting one Just don't want to be hasty about it. the one I have may have many years left in it.
    By the way. We were driving tonight and I saw a Mitsubishi Galante. I mentioned that Unk had a new one. My husband said, jokingly, that maybe that was him. When we got next to the car I cracked up. The guy was eighty if he was a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    My husband said, jokingly, that maybe that was him. When we got next to the car I cracked up. The guy was eighty if he was a day.
    I just took a road trip to Graceland. I saw you. I was wondering why you didn't wave. Eighty? Just when you think you know who your friends are.....

Strolling through this thread has given me some great gift ideas. Especially love the idea of putting a rubix cube in my teen's stockings. Usually they get a slinky or a cheezey wind-up toy. Yeah - kind of odd, but they have come to expect the laugh on Christmas morn'. My hunny is such a sweet hard working man, and totally easy to buy for. He is an engineer, and asks for the typical engineer "uniform" of dockers, sweaters, and golf shirts. My sons have decided to pool their money and spring for the surround sound system for their dear ol' dad. I am going to ask for a new iron, a new mixer, and toaster. Been married 20+ years and all of my current small appliances were wedding gifts, that soooo badly need replacing. I will have to convince my hunny that it is okay this year to ignore the rule of "anything that plugs into the wall is not a good gift for your beautiful wife". It is going to take a LOTTTT of convincing though!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I just took a road trip to Graceland. I saw you. I was wondering why you didn't wave. Eighty? Just when you think you know who your friends are.....
    Nah, I knew that if you were coming here you'd have the BUS, with Forter's hanging out the windows. Jewls, Duxxy, Lib, hep and a few dozen others would be waving at ever guy they saw and Mr. Texi would have been passing around the refreshments.
    No offense about the eighty, thing. I'm sure you don't look over 65 or 70.
    :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    What do I want? A Wolf dress form with collapsible shoulders, a 3 qt. All Clad sauce pan with the double boiler insert and the steamer basket. I'm always happy to receive vintage fabrics, trays and other items to add to my collections. we celebrate the holiday with my husbands family and everyone is super creative about their gifts. It's always a pleasant surprise to see what people have purchased.

Hope you all have fun giving and receiving!
    I took my son to a birthday party today and when we came home there was a surprise in my kitchen. My sweet wonderful husband went out and bought my All Clad 3 quart sauce pan and had it setting on the stove. How nice is that? He said he didn't want to give me a pot for a Christmas present so he just went out and bought it....

Too cool Apple, your husband is a sweetie. I hope if you're getting the dress form from anyone, they got one with a really expandable belly part!
    Mudah, that's funny about the mixer; up until two years ago I had an old hand mixer that I got from my Mom when I moved out...I'm sure it was probably 20 years old then, around 1982. I started wanting a stand mixer a few years ago and actually tried to wear out the old one on heavy bread dough etc. (you know, to have an excuse for buying a new one- I'm so cheap) and it would bog down and stop, but never really died. I finally gave it to one of my nieces, and she's still using it.
    Last edited by queenb; 12-13-2004 at 07:29 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213