+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

Those are nice cars Unk. I have been eyeing up...big surprise...a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Mitsubishi are really good and reliable cars. I envy you

I bought the car due the balance of warranty remaining (100,000 mile drive train, 36,000 basic, 36,000 roadside, 100,000 corrosion, etc.). I thought it was the best value for the $ of what I ran across. Not every bell and whistle, but I'm happy. I mean who needs 6 way power seats? Had 'em on my Intrepid, adjusted 'em one time, and that's it. Whoop di doo!
    Muduh don't forget. When you put the car up on blocks you then have to take the seats out and out 'em on the front porch to have a comfortable place to sit when you're getting in everybody's business in the neighborhood.

And if you were ever a kid in the country, you know that you use the tires to plant flowers in. To add to the look you might like to paint them white.
    I think if you put the seats on the porch you have to make sure that the stuffing is showing in several places.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    I've posted this in another thread but I really need help! Does anyone know if any banks still sell savings bonds (mine doesn't) or if you can only get them through an internet service?

Much thanks!
    Here is a link that is popular with individuals as well as corporations to purchase US Savings bonds. For other bonds you might contact your local city administration or county offices as some sell these local bonds in smaller units.

http://www.savingsbonds.gov/

BM
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    And if you were ever a kid in the country, you know that you use the tires to plant flowers in. To add to the look you might like to paint them white.
    I think if you put the seats on the porch you have to make sure that the stuffing is showing in several places.
    And don't forget the opportunity to make that really cool tire swing in the front yard.

One car on blocks = plethora of HGTV decorating tips.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Just make sure you get the more powerful model Snowie...I'd really love to have one too, but won't spend this kind of money on myself. The pink breast cancer one I saw was the lower power (325 watt), and it was $249. The 525 watt was $369, but I bet you can get it cheaper. Just me--if I actually got one, it would have to be the big one. The mixer I have now is 350 watts and still can get tired If I mix a big batch of roll dough or cookies. If you just want to compare the various styles, check out http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/macys.com although I'm sure there are far cheaper places to get it! I do see some on ebay, mostly the smaller ones but a couple of the big ones too, brand new in sealed boxes.
    I saw a commercial last night for KOHL'S that had KitchenAid mixers for $189. I don't know if that was the size you wanted, I don't remember what the size they said was, but worth checking out, especially if there is a KOHL's near you!!!!

Thanks for the savings bond info.... I appreciate it!
    Could does not mean should

Thanks to everybody for the advice and info on the Kitchenaid mixers. Sounds like a slow retail year, so I'm going to gamble on buying one at a sweet discount, post-Xmas! That's me, sweepin' in like a vulture. (Seriously, my mom would garrote me if she found out I paid full price on something like that for her.)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I bought myself a present today. A new (to me ) car.
    Congrats, Unk!!! You certainly deserve it. When are you taking me on a spin in the new gal?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I bought myself a present today. A new (to me ) car.
    Congrats Unk. What color is your fancy new car. If I know what color I can check out all the Mitsubishi Galants that I pass and see if it is you.

Snowy,
    Kitchen Aid Mixers are the best. Baking is 20 times easier with one. As others have said, they also last for ever. My mother has one my father bought her as a Christmas present 30 years ago. It's outlasted their marriage by 20 years. Costco often carries them if you have trouble finding a good after Christmas deal on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    My mother has one my father bought her as a Christmas present 30 years ago. It's outlasted their marriage by 20 years.
    I've got a Sears toaster I got as a wedding present in '74 that still works great. I've used it at the restaurant many times on weekends when our toasters are down. It has outlasted my marriage by over 20 years also.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal
    Congrats Unk. What color is your fancy new car. If I know what color I can check out all the Mitsubishi Galants that I pass and see if it is you.
    They call it gold, I call it copper. Pretty soon I'll have my personalized plates that say "Tenesee" when I transfer them from my Intrepid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Congrats, Unk!!! You certainly deserve it. When are you taking me on a spin in the new gal?
    Anytime kiddo.

+ Reply to Thread