+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    What's a good price for those mixers? My mom wants one--but wisely, she told me to wait until the after-Xmas sales to get it for her--and since I'm no expert in anything to do with the kitchen, I have no idea what to look for, what to spend.
    Snowy, the basic model sells for 369.99 USD, but Kitchenaid has a 50 dollar rebate for online shoppers, but I'm sure you can find one on sale before Christmas at a better price at a department store. I got mine for 30 percent off a couple of years ago in December. They're is also a special girly pink one, (so you ) that's more expensive, but some of the proceeds go to help fight breast cancer, and it has a more powerful motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    As for myself, the only thing I can truly say I'd like is more ways to show my husband how much I love him. This man I married, who is the love of my life and is already the greatest gift I could ever have received in my life, traveled halfway around the world to be with me, gave up his country of birth for me, and gave up a way of life he knew for 30 years to be with me. He works very hard, always tries to provide me with what I need or want, and is my best friend in the world. After being given this gift of true love, I can't imagine wanting or needing anything else in my life.
    Wow, that is awesome! You really touched my heart.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Has anyone bought the Dora the Explorer Talking House? I am thinking on buying it for my 2 1/2 yr old who lives and breathes Dora, just wondering if it is worth the $60.

I'm not sure how wonderful is it junkie but they are flying off the shelves and Sears is on back order until at least Dec28.. so if you are going to get oen - now is the time and I bet if you were able to afford 1 or 2 extra eBay would make you a tidy profit!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    All I want is to have my baby girl come home for the holidays, but it's not going to happen this year. I sure wish the kiddles didn't have to grow up and move away. Well....not so far away.

As for giving gifts: I would love to lavish my family with trinkets, baubles and jewels year-round if I could afford it ~ but for now it's twinkies, bubbles and glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    What's a good price for those mixers? My mom wants one--but wisely, she told me to wait until the after-Xmas sales to get it for her--and since I'm no expert in anything to do with the kitchen, I have no idea what to look for, what to spend.
    Just make sure you get the more powerful model Snowie...I'd really love to have one too, but won't spend this kind of money on myself. The pink breast cancer one I saw was the lower power (325 watt), and it was $249. The 525 watt was $369, but I bet you can get it cheaper. Just me--if I actually got one, it would have to be the big one. The mixer I have now is 350 watts and still can get tired If I mix a big batch of roll dough or cookies. If you just want to compare the various styles, check out http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/macys.com although I'm sure there are far cheaper places to get it! I do see some on ebay, mostly the smaller ones but a couple of the big ones too, brand new in sealed boxes.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

All I want for Christmas is to finish my Christmas shopping before Christmas. Happy Holidays! :santawink

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I've posted this in another thread but I really need help! Does anyone know if any banks still sell savings bonds (mine doesn't) or if you can only get them through an internet service?

Much thanks!
    Could does not mean should

I bought myself a present today. A new (to me ) car. I bought a '04 Mitsubishi Galant ES with 14,000 miles on it. My '94 Intrepid has 185,000 miles on it. I love that car. I kept it. It's been a great car for me with no major problems. I just was getting a little scared something might happen with that many miles so I broke down and bought another car.

Hey Unk! Congratulations on the car. I'm glad you kept the old one too. When it quits you can put it up on blocks in the yard. What color did you get? Does it have all the bells and whistles that you wanted?
    Veronica, my girlfriend buys bonds for her grandkids all time. I'll ask her tomorrow where she gets them. I'll pm you.

+ Reply to Thread