+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Making a List, Checking It Twice

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Duxxy, please be careful with those things....a lot of people have ended up with bad burns on their body because of the hot grease splashes.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I have no doubt Ineed!! The last time I saw one in operation it was being supervised by 4 drunk guys talking hockey and cooking fish.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I could use some new clothes. I never buy anything for myself, the guilt is just more than I can handle, I know its kinda sick. I don't have a problem buying things for the rest of my family but when it comes to me I just can't do it. I'm sure my co-workers would appreciate it if I didn't wear the same three outfits for the next year. I'd like to finish my pool room so a home depot gift card would be nice too, oh and some perfume my last bottle is almost gone. I'm such a

Quote Originally Posted by blue jean baby
    i had a watch like that, it was great and ran a long time for me. i used to have the same problem with watches as you said, i learned to take the watch before i ever wore it and coat the back with a few coats of clear nail polish. Paint the back and let it dry completely and then do that 3 or 4 times. i did it every few months. i learned if the metal did not come in direct contact with my skin then the watch would keep running. You might try it and see if it helps for you. Have you hinted that you want the watch. i had to hint ALLOT that i wanted it. i have the Winnie The Pooh one like it now, i like Pooh better...
    No, I didn't hint. I did TELL him though. He never buys a gift so I'm not going to get it. I won't mention it to the kids because I don't think any of them can spare the money. The boys would try to get it anyway. I will probably just buy it for myself a little later on. Thanks for the tip on keeping it running longer. I will do that as soon as I buy it. I love Mickey. Pooh is nice too but he doesn't wear pants and that bothers me a little.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    applesauce reminded me of somthing. I'd love to have a Kitchenaid mixer. Those things are expensive but they last forever. I'll get one someday.

I got myself one about a year ago. went to bed, bath and beyond and bought the model KSM90WW and have enjoyed it. think its the 5 quart model

What's a good price for those mixers? My mom wants one--but wisely, she told me to wait until the after-Xmas sales to get it for her--and since I'm no expert in anything to do with the kitchen, I have no idea what to look for, what to spend.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I hate shopping, HATE/DETEST malls, so I do my shopping online when I have to do it.

I've already gotten my Christmas shopping done, finished it about a month ago, and I'm so glad that's over with

As for myself, the only thing I can truly say I'd like is more ways to show my husband how much I love him. This man I married, who is the love of my life and is already the greatest gift I could ever have received in my life, traveled halfway around the world to be with me, gave up his country of birth for me, and gave up a way of life he knew for 30 years to be with me. He works very hard, always tries to provide me with what I need or want, and is my best friend in the world. After being given this gift of true love, I can't imagine wanting or needing anything else in my life.

I know, I know... mushy stuff. But it's really how I feel. I'm a very lucky woman.

What I do love about Christmas though is the gift-wrapping! Like some of you have said, I love to get creative in wrapping, and I have my whole wrapping paper/ribbons/accessories, etc. setup ready every year and try to make the wrapped packages kind of a mini-gift in themselves. I love finding unusual things and finding ways to incorporate them into the wrapping theme. Heck, I even get a kick out of creasing the edges of the packages with my fingers, so that the edges look crispy and just right, lol! I am totally a wrapping dweeb
    Last edited by Nemeses; 12-08-2004 at 08:13 AM. Reason: correct a mispelling
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    My daughter asked me what I wanted and I told her I wanted new Long underwear...... you would of thought I said I wanted to dress in women's clothing with the look she stabbed me with.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

As usual, I want books and loads of books. And CDs. And the Seinfeld DVDs. That's pretty much it. I'm probably really boring to buy Christmas gifts to; all I want is books and CDs and very specific, hard to find ones at that.

I love buying gifts for others though.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    My daughter asked me what I wanted and I told her I wanted new Long underwear...... you would of thought I said I wanted to dress in women's clothing with the look she stabbed me with.
    Well, it all depends.... if you are like me, those long underware might very well end up being used as a "if you do not stop that RIGHT NOW I will drive you to school EVERY DAY NEXT WEEK wearing those" threat.

TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread