+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cold Weather Food?

Favorite Cold Weather Food?

What is your favorite cold weather food? i was thinking the other night while i was cooking about all the great foods i can cook now, there are just so many foods i will not cook when it is hot. i wondered if anyone else is like me and only cooks some things when it is cold out... Do you have favorites?

My favorites are stuffed cabbage, chili, and stew. i do not make stuffed cabbage all that often because it is allot of work but i still love them. i have my moms recipe, i remember so fondly her cooking them when i was a little girl. When she visits i still talk her into making them for me... So good but i never want them in the summer like i do in the winter.

bjb

I love having chili on cold days too. Usually when I come home from work its pretty cold. So I make some hot chocolate and Mr Noodles, sit down and eat it. It warms me up really fast. Also since its me I have popcorn ready no matter what.

I made a delicious beef stew in the crock pot yesterday.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Love soup and crusty bread on a cold day. Mmmmmm

Veggie soup or chili in the crockpot. Then when I come home it's all done. My favorite cold-weather breakfast is cream of wheat with butter and brown sugar. Mmmmmm. I don't cook heavy foods like roasts or beef stew in the summer. My kids like corned beef. I made it overnight in the crockpot once and my dog kept waking me up. Never again.
    Count your blessings!

Soup and cornbread, chili, and hot chocolate are my cold weather favorites, but not all at the same time!

Crock-Pot chili and Crock-Pot soup are great on cold days. We like beef vegetable soup from the Crock-Pot.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Chili and fresh breadsticks. Yummmmmm
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Okay, all you fresh bread people: How do I get in on this? I would love fresh bread, too. Do you have a bread-making machine, or do you bake in the oven? And if you bake in the oven, will anyone share a recipe?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

My husband is a fantastic "from-scratch" baker, Phat. My favorite that he bakes is his Irish soda bread--but even I don't know the recipe (I don't have that level of clearance ). Maybe for you I could persuade him to spill the trade secrets--I'll give it a try and PM you.

By the way, I love this thread, even though it's driving me insane with hunger. I love stews, chili, and thick or creamy soups when it's cold out. I also like casseroles, roasts, and anything that bakes in the oven for a long time, because makes the whole house seem warm and cozy.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast