+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cold Weather Food?

We never ate greens for New Years... it was black eyed peas, cornbread and cabbage. I'm not much for cabbage but I've learned to eat it occasionally. I just like greens!

Maybe my mother in law ex mother in law now thank goodness, was just trying to torture me, lol??? It would be just her style, lol.

bjb

i would love to have a nice pot of curry during cold rainy days.....
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Homemade Chilli with cornbread. Muduh.. you made me homesick talking about beans and corn bread with chow chow... mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Muduh.. you made me homesick talking about beans and corn bread with chow chow..
    Chow-Chow.... lordy how I hate that stuff. LOL!!! My Mother has made that stuff ever since I was a kid. And the smell of it cooking will make the wall paper peel. But my Daddy loves it on his "beans" ....so the ole girl makes 6 canned jars of the mess every year for him.

The only up side of her canning Chow-Chow yearly... is she makes homemade jam & applebutter. Which is one of my favorite winter things: hot home made bisquits and her applebutter.

Chili or pretty much any other homemade soup or stew or big "oven" food like a roast. I have a breadmaker and almost always make some to go with those but it didn't get much use during the summer. My dogs favorite "people food" is bread and especially fresh bread. She knows when the breadmaker is making some and has learned not to come running when it's done, rather she actually hears the knife cutting it although she is usually one or two rooms away. I'll admit the fresh bread is good, especially when it's chilly outside, but she goes mad for it.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Oh.my.God. I LOVE the Cracker Barrel. It's my absolute favorite place to eat. Love the cornbread more than the biscuits, and those sweet vidalia onions they serve. The black eye peas are excellent. And when you get through eating you can shop. It doesn't get any better than that!
    Me too, Dinahann! I love to browse around their little shop. My all-time favorite cold weather food is probably a hot bowl of chili filled with shredded cheddar cheese...mmm!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Me too, Dinahann! I love to browse around their little shop. My all-time favorite cold weather food is probably a hot bowl of chili filled with shredded cheddar cheese...mmm!
    Yes!!!! Mine, too, angelic. I've already made a run to The Cracker Barrel for some Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations.. the cutest things at such cheap prices!! They have the cutest Turkey Head Chair Cover for only $9.99.

I also love their baked potato. They cook them with a little bit of butter in tinfoil on the grille...and the bottoms come out all crispy. Yum! And their gravy and biscuits....

And count me in as another White Chicken Chili fan. *ducks from Texie*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    They have the cutest Turkey Head Chair Cover for only $9.99.
    Why am I afraid to see that?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I've already made a run to The Cracker Barrel for some Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations.. the cutest things at such cheap prices!! They have the cutest Turkey Head Chair Cover for only $9.99.
    Okay, where was the turkey head chair cover when I was there? I bought many Christmas ornaments when I was in Waco last month (they don't have a Cracker Barrel locally ) but I didn't see any turkey decorations! I did get the Elvis playing a guitar Christmas ornament, however. Guess I'll just have to go back...

+ Reply to Thread