+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy - isn't it great?

Retail Therapy - isn't it great?

Just back from some retail therapy. Doesn't it make you feel so much better! Bought some tops and make up ( the YSL woman made me look so much better with her touche eclat and powder)and had a Frappachino as I watched the world go by. What better ways are there to spend a Saturday morning. Perfect start to the weekend after a fraught week at work.

Oh, don't even get me started! I am a big fan of retail therapy. Luckily a good, cheap find if it's something weird enough will do it. True confessions (of which I am not proud) when I was in a train wreck of a marriage and the one place I knew I could hurt him was the wallet, I treated myself to a few expensive treats toward the end on the credit cards he ended up being responsible for. In my defense - this was after years of only being allowed to shop at Salvation Army. That man could squeeze a nickel until it begged for mercy. And he was just as generous with his love. *admires 10 A.D. Roman museum replica emerald ring*
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Oh, don't even get me started! I am a big fan of retail therapy. Luckily a good, cheap find if it's something weird enough will do it. True confessions (of which I am not proud) when I was in a train wreck of a marriage and the one place I knew I could hurt him was the wallet, I treated myself to a few expensive treats toward the end on the credit cards he ended up being responsible for. In my defense - this was after years of only being allowed to shop at Salvation Army. That man could squeeze a nickel until it begged for mercy. And he was just as generous with his love. *admires 10 A.D. Roman museum replica emerald ring*

Good for you! Hit him where it hurts!!!

right...
    i cant wait for my exams to be over so i and indulge in retail therapy....
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

ya know. I could use some new good makeup. Can't remember the last time I had someplace do my makeup and I'm darn tired of buying the wrong color on the drug store display.

Sounds like something I can do later today.

Quote Originally Posted by springkey
    right...
    i cant wait for my exams to be over so i and indulge in retail therapy....

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I killed myself this semester so that I could take next one off & get a part-time job so I can have a few bucks to spend!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by mkwdood
    ya know. I could use some new good makeup. Can't remember the last time I had someplace do my makeup and I'm darn tired of buying the wrong color on the drug store display.

Sounds like something I can do later today.

Some drug stores allow you to return makeup if you end up not liking it, no questions asked. I know for a fact Walgreen's does, & I think CVS does as well. But I know, it's just kind of a pain to go back up there...
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Some drug stores allow you to return makeup if you end up not liking it, no questions asked. I know for a fact Walgreen's does, & I think CVS does as well. But I know, it's just kind of a pain to go back up there...
    A friend of mine spend a fortune on a 'famous brand' of make up which made her skin erupt in lumps. As well as a full refund they gave her an equal amount in compensation!

If retail therapy includes a trip to the local Gas-n-Sip for some jerky and a grape slushy, then yeah, I'm in!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Retail therapy is great, when i find myself at wits end (or when i think if one more person asks me to do one more thing i might choke them) i find that retail therapy is the ultimate life saver. i do not even have to buy anything, just getting out and spending some time that is just for me seems to do it. Of course i usually buy something but i don't have to spend allot, it helps anyway. i LOVE Retail Therapy!!!!!

t

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast