+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Retail Therapy - isn't it great?

  1. #1
    NI FORT fan Belfastgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    716

    Retail Therapy - isn't it great?

    Just back from some retail therapy. Doesn't it make you feel so much better! Bought some tops and make up ( the YSL woman made me look so much better with her touche eclat and powder)and had a Frappachino as I watched the world go by. What better ways are there to spend a Saturday morning. Perfect start to the weekend after a fraught week at work.

  2. #2
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,508
    Oh, don't even get me started! I am a big fan of retail therapy. Luckily a good, cheap find if it's something weird enough will do it. True confessions (of which I am not proud) when I was in a train wreck of a marriage and the one place I knew I could hurt him was the wallet, I treated myself to a few expensive treats toward the end on the credit cards he ended up being responsible for. In my defense - this was after years of only being allowed to shop at Salvation Army. That man could squeeze a nickel until it begged for mercy. And he was just as generous with his love. *admires 10 A.D. Roman museum replica emerald ring*
    Count your blessings!

  3. #3
    NI FORT fan Belfastgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Oh, don't even get me started! I am a big fan of retail therapy. Luckily a good, cheap find if it's something weird enough will do it. True confessions (of which I am not proud) when I was in a train wreck of a marriage and the one place I knew I could hurt him was the wallet, I treated myself to a few expensive treats toward the end on the credit cards he ended up being responsible for. In my defense - this was after years of only being allowed to shop at Salvation Army. That man could squeeze a nickel until it begged for mercy. And he was just as generous with his love. *admires 10 A.D. Roman museum replica emerald ring*

    Good for you! Hit him where it hurts!!!

  4. #4
    FORT Fanatic springkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Rivendell
    Posts
    504
    right...
    i cant wait for my exams to be over so i and indulge in retail therapy....
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

  5. #5
    FORT Fanatic mkwdood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Online Shopping
    Posts
    458
    ya know. I could use some new good makeup. Can't remember the last time I had someplace do my makeup and I'm darn tired of buying the wrong color on the drug store display.

    Sounds like something I can do later today.

  6. #6
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by springkey
    right...
    i cant wait for my exams to be over so i and indulge in retail therapy....

    I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I killed myself this semester so that I could take next one off & get a part-time job so I can have a few bucks to spend!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  7. #7
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by mkwdood
    ya know. I could use some new good makeup. Can't remember the last time I had someplace do my makeup and I'm darn tired of buying the wrong color on the drug store display.

    Sounds like something I can do later today.

    Some drug stores allow you to return makeup if you end up not liking it, no questions asked. I know for a fact Walgreen's does, & I think CVS does as well. But I know, it's just kind of a pain to go back up there...
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  8. #8
    NI FORT fan Belfastgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Some drug stores allow you to return makeup if you end up not liking it, no questions asked. I know for a fact Walgreen's does, & I think CVS does as well. But I know, it's just kind of a pain to go back up there...
    A friend of mine spend a fortune on a 'famous brand' of make up which made her skin erupt in lumps. As well as a full refund they gave her an equal amount in compensation!

  9. #9
    Staying Afloat speedbump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New England
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,952
    If retail therapy includes a trip to the local Gas-n-Sip for some jerky and a grape slushy, then yeah, I'm in!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

  10. #10
    FORT Fan blue jean baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    211
    Retail therapy is great, when i find myself at wits end (or when i think if one more person asks me to do one more thing i might choke them) i find that retail therapy is the ultimate life saver. i do not even have to buy anything, just getting out and spending some time that is just for me seems to do it. Of course i usually buy something but i don't have to spend allot, it helps anyway. i LOVE Retail Therapy!!!!!

    t

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.