+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have plants? Can you recommend some?

Does anyone have plants? Can you recommend some?

Hello! First post in this forum, I'm usually in ANTM or the Apprentice forums. Everyone here is so warm, smart and friendly, it's been fun reading and now I've finally decided to post.

I've been thinking about getting some plants for my apartment, but I have no idea where to begin. I'd like a hanging one and a few that I can put on top of two bookshelves. My place is so bland, I think a little green life will help things feel more homey.

Are there any plants that won't become too "buggy" or that are pretty easy to take care of and maintain? Any to stay away from? Thanks for your help and suggestions!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Weetzie, to the FORT....I saw in your profile and sig you also want im-plants so I thought that was what you were asking about in this thread.

Anyway, rubber plants, pittosporum, and ivy are all good houseplants. Good luck. Don't know what to tell you about the other kind of 'plants you want.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Weetzie, to the FORT....I saw in your profile and sig you also want im-plants so I thought that was what you were asking about in this thread.

Anyway, rubber plants, pittosporum, and ivy are all good houseplants. Good luck. Don't know what to tell you about the other kind of 'plants you want.
    LOL, ineedalife that's hilarious! I honestly didn't even think make that correlation when I posted, nice catch.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm making a list to take to a plant shop around here. Hopefully I can find some that aren't too pricey!

If you have cats, there are some you should stay away from, but not having cats myself, I don't know what they are.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Honestly the only plants I have any luck with in my apartment are cactus I have a permanently black thumb and kill everything else, but my 2 cacti in the sunroom have been living somewhat happily for nearly 3 years now.

I am not good with houseplants either. My fiancee' is the one with the "green thumb" here. We have Spider plants, Ivy and Aloe. We have a cat too, and she loves to nibble on the spider plants. We call it her salad I love houseplants, but gardening in my flowerbeds outside is my favorite pastime and stress buster. Good luck to you with your choice and keep us posted what you decide to get. to the FORT.

Go with fake plants! I have loads of silk plants & ficus trees. Very easy to maintain, lol.
    I do have an ivy in my master bathroom though. They are nearly impossible to kill & easy to maintain (I just water mine once a week, or sometimes it goes two weeks b/c I forget).
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey
    Spider plants and Ivy are really good air cleaners. My favourite plants are my christmas and easter cacti. They don't require direct light, so a North window or top of a bookshelf in a well-lit room is fine, and they flower beautifully at Christmas and Easter time. They'll live for years and years too.

Weetzie (I'm sorry, no offence, but I'm giggling like a lunatic while I'm typing your user name...I keep hearing George Jefferson and "Weezy" yelling at each other in my head ) if your room temperature is warm and not too dry, Boston ferns are really nice hanging plants. I have two covering my front windows, and they just require water and an occasional spritz with the spray bottle to keep them looking nice and green.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Weetzie!

I can kill any kind of plant, and a few years ago I was given 2 prayer plants, and quite shockingly, they are still alive. I have forgotten to water them several times, and even though they were pretty wilty, once watered, they sprung back to life. Typically, I water them once/week....that's it. They are not hanging plants, but several times a year, they get a single, beautiful white flower, and they are lovely placed on a shelf.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast