+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have plants? Can you recommend some?

Zaaam
    Just keep in mind...the hearty,thick, dark green leaf plants are the easiest to grow. So no excuse to go fake/silk!

Cannabis grows good indoors too

Zaaam
    Heartleaf is an easy one that hangs/vines
    Rubbertree plant is super easy too

toque
    Heartleaf is great! You can grow it almost anywhere. And it's pretty too.

Of course, this is also a very popular plant to grow indoors, although many people insist that it grows better in a closet, under lights.

Public Service Announcement: The use of cannabis is illegal in most States. Consult your local DEA to see if culture is allowed in your closet.
    Last edited by lambikins; 11-08-2004 at 05:27 PM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

One plant I find quite hardy is Snakeplant aka Mother-in-Laws Tongue (Sansevieria), virtually impossible to kill. Another good plant is African violet (Saintpaulia ionantha).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I have a spider plant, a christmas cactus, a jade tree, a macadamian palm and a few others. I have managed to kill several african violets and I definately dont have a green thumb however I have yet to kill the ones I mentioned. I will say this tho, if you can afford it goto a greenhouse. Just like everything there is a difference in quality in plants. I have also got some plants at wal mart but you just have to look through them to make sure you are getting a good one.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    A cactus is pretty easy because you don't have to water it that often. But despite that fact, I accidentally killed one. And a Venus flytrap. And some plant that I put in my frog tank. I guess I sorta have a black thumb too.

Try a peace lily, above...they're almost impossible to kill, and will grow and flower in low light. I have a huge one in front of my fireplace, it's beautiful.

Some of the smaller palms are easy to grow and make a big impact. I'd stay away from a live ficus tree, they shed leaves like crazy. It's the only plant I can't keep alive!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Tigrazhia
    Well, I'm not much of a plant person, I don't have green fingers but one plant that I usually get that stays alive, even in my care, is the fern ... I love ferns, they look good & are easy to take care of

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12